Apple set a new record share price and market value just after the unveiling of its latest smartphone.
The company received more than two million pre-orders in the first 24 hours – that is around three iPhones sold every two minutes.
What does that mean for Apple in its ongoing battle with rivals? In this edition of Business Weekly we discuss that with Mark Priest from ETX Capital.
Also in the programme: the crisis in Spain, where the government has to deal not only with an economic but also a political crisis, and carmakers’ continue to suffer from weak sales in Europe.
Watch the programme with video on demand.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 4Partnering to grow Europe
- 5Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 6Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 7Macedonian Postcards: The Mavrovo National Park
- 8Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 9Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 10latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 12Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 13International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 14Evo Morales celebrates his birthday by playing football
- 15Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 16Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 17Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 18Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 19Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 20Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
Wires > Business
- 15:28 CET BP extends scope of Khazzan gas field development in Oman
- 15:11 CET Carrefour offices searched in French agriculture pricing…
- 15:05 CET Analysis – Fed’s ‘dot plot’ looks increasingly out of touch on…
- 14:23 CET Orange, SFR, Free deal on Bouygues imminent – newspaper
- 14:07 CET Ireland aims to sell 50 percent of AIB by 2020 – finance minister
- 13:16 CET Germany wants to introduce random emissions tests on cars
- 12:46 CET BAE Systems lines up oil executive Woodburn as next CEO – source
- 12:23 CET Iran offers mining riches post-sanctions, but investors cautious