An eco-friendly building christened “The Crystal”, built near London’s Olympic Park has been crowned one of the most advanced environmentally friendly buildings in the world.
Commissioned by electronics giant Siemans, it aims to use half the energy of other major exhibition spaces and produces 65 percent fewer polluting emissions.
An all-electric building, “The Crystal” uses solar power and ground source heat pumps to generate its own energy, meaning no fossil fuels are burnt in the process.
At the heart of the eco-friendly construction is an immersive exhibition where you can explore the global trends and challenges facing cities today. The exhibition seeks not only to showcase ideas and technology but also to stimulate discovery. The only problem remaining with all eco-buildings though, is finding a way to produce raw materials in an environmentally friendly way.
Though the glass may look transparent, it is covered by a special film, while a central control system monitors and moves the windows. “The Crystal” will open to the public on September 29th.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 3Italy swamped by flash floods | euronews, world news
- 4Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 5Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 6India PM Modi appoints Yoga minister | euronews, world news
- 7What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 8[Live] Rosetta’s Philae lands on comet 67P and enters the history books | euronews, world news
- 9Vladimir Putin most powerful man in the world – Forbes | euronews, world news
- 10European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 11International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 12Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 13Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 14Nadia Comaneci: gymnast of perfection and defector | euronews, the global conversation
- 15Putin plans to leave G20 talks early amid Ukraine pressure | euronews, world news
- 16Philippe Starck: ‘Words like longevity and legacy have become almost avant-garde’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 17US says ISIL makes $1 million-a-day selling oil – even to enemies | euronews, world news
- 18International news | euronews, latest international news
- 19Syria: Islamic extremists pledge to press ahead with battle for Kobani | euronews, world news
- 20World news video | euronews the latest world news online | breaking world news video