The US Federal Reserve has stepped in to accelerate the economic recovery, saying that it would expand its holdings of mortgage-backed securities, and potentially undertake other new policies, until unemployment drops sufficiently or inflation rises too fast.
We have expert assessment of that move from Valentijn van Nieuwenhuijzen with ING Investment Management.
Also in the programme, merger talks between EADS and BAE, which could lead to the creation of a new industry giant and more disappointment over Italy’s economic growth.
Wires > Business
- 16:17 CET EU looks for telecom sweeteners to spur fast broadband roll-out
- 13:03 CET Brexit more heartburn than heart attack for hedge funds
- 12:55 CET Ratings agency Moody’s says Britain at risk of credit downgrade
- 07:33 CET Brexit puts UK-China financial services linkages at risk
- 05:20 CET Lotte chairman defeats brother’s challenge, retains control at AGM
- 03:37 CET ‘Investing for good’ gains appeal amid rocky tech startup market
- 03:10 CET Robo-adviser Betterment suspended trading during Brexit upheaval…
- 02:43 CET Citigroup resolves ‘technical issue’ that left accounts frozen