The US Federal Reserve has stepped in to accelerate the economic recovery, saying that it would expand its holdings of mortgage-backed securities, and potentially undertake other new policies, until unemployment drops sufficiently or inflation rises too fast.
We have expert assessment of that move from Valentijn van Nieuwenhuijzen with ING Investment Management.
Also in the programme, merger talks between EADS and BAE, which could lead to the creation of a new industry giant and more disappointment over Italy’s economic growth.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 13Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 14[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 18Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 19Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 20Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
Wires > Business
- 19:07 CET SABMiller declares new savings goal in defence against AB InBev
- 18:41 CET Intel to secure EU’s okay for $16.7 billion Altera deal – sources
- 18:38 CET Glencore cuts 4 percent of world zinc output, price surges 10…
- 18:32 CET Osborne sees global risks rising, but sanguine on China
- 18:25 CET StanChart chief plans to cut about 1,000 top staff – memo
- 16:22 CET Analysis – Soft UK interest rate take-off could unnerve Britons
- 16:12 CET UK takeover rules frustrate Bud’s pursuit of SABMiller
- 16:05 CET AB InBev bid for SABMiller helps lift global M&A levels to record…