The US Federal Reserve has stepped in to accelerate the economic recovery, saying that it would expand its holdings of mortgage-backed securities, and potentially undertake other new policies, until unemployment drops sufficiently or inflation rises too fast.
We have expert assessment of that move from Valentijn van Nieuwenhuijzen with ING Investment Management.
Also in the programme, merger talks between EADS and BAE, which could lead to the creation of a new industry giant and more disappointment over Italy’s economic growth.
Latest Business Line
Brexit fears and the future according to Google
Brazil’s economic struggle and the counterintuitive oracle of technology
Greece’s good Eurogroup meeting and Facebook bias allegations
‘iStruggle’ – how Apple Is trying to get its groove back
Braking bad: auto industry plagued by scandals
Wires > Business
- 09:29 CET San Miguel says value of telecoms deal with PLDT, Globe enough to…
- 09:15 CET VW first-quarter profit gains on special items related to scandal…
- 09:14 CET U.S. oil rises, global crude weaker on strong Middle East output
- 08:57 CET S&P cuts Fosun outlook to ‘negative’ on post-M&A debt concern
- 08:31 CET Asia shares firm but set for near two percent monthly loss
- 08:30 CET Petra Diamonds says finance director to step down, names CFO
- 08:20 CET German retail sales post surprise fall in April
- 08:17 CET Dassault Aviation ready to sign Rafale deal, ball in India’s court