The US Federal Reserve has stepped in to accelerate the economic recovery, saying that it would expand its holdings of mortgage-backed securities, and potentially undertake other new policies, until unemployment drops sufficiently or inflation rises too fast.
We have expert assessment of that move from Valentijn van Nieuwenhuijzen with ING Investment Management.
Also in the programme, merger talks between EADS and BAE, which could lead to the creation of a new industry giant and more disappointment over Italy’s economic growth.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Romania buys into bitcoin big time
- 2Turkey’s high-speed rail link opened between Ankara and Istanbul
- 3Faltering Russian economy to take further hits from surprise interest rate rise
- 4Israeli tourism, Saudi stocks and surprises from Facebook
- 5Russia ordered to pay record compensation to Yukos shareholders
Wires > Business
- 04:51 CET Woodside’s $2.68 billion buyback from Shell close to failing
- 04:41 CET Dollar shines, U.S. yields surge on upbeat U.S. data
- 04:38 CET Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default imminent
- 04:31 CET China should set lower 2015 GDP growth target of 6.5-7 percent -…
- 04:30 CET Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default imminent
- 04:07 CET BOJ should mull shifting focus to zero rates in future – Kiuchi
- 04:00 CET BES seeks capital as key staff suspended after massive losses
- 03:57 CET Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default imminent