The US Federal Reserve has stepped in to accelerate the economic recovery, saying that it would expand its holdings of mortgage-backed securities, and potentially undertake other new policies, until unemployment drops sufficiently or inflation rises too fast.
We have expert assessment of that move from Valentijn van Nieuwenhuijzen with ING Investment Management.
Also in the programme, merger talks between EADS and BAE, which could lead to the creation of a new industry giant and more disappointment over Italy’s economic growth.
Wires > Business
- 07:40 CET Asia’s factories stay sluggish, stimulus lacks traction
- 07:04 CET Goldman targets ‘mass affluent’ borrowers with unusual lending plan
- 06:14 CET Halliburton and Baker Hughes scrap $28 billion merger
- 05:37 CET Asian shares slip, Nikkei skids on yen strength
- 04:31 CET Australian budget walks fine line between growth and austerity
- 04:21 CET China’s tax overhaul aims to cut business costs
- 04:18 CET Japan final April manufacturing PMI hits lowest since Jan 2013…
- 03:31 CET Half of leading investors ignoring climate change – study