Is there any room for hope in Somalia, long-since written-off as a ‘failed state’?
Hawa Aden Mohamed has never stopped believing.
euronews met her in Galkayo, in a climate of high tension following clashes between the army and pirates.
Despite the risks and the state of alert, Hawa took us to meet the forgotten victims of the conflict, whose future she is striving to rebuild, every day.
It is an effort that has been recognised with the UNHCR’s Nansen Refugee Award.
This month ‘Women and War’ salutes this exceptional woman with a special feature
- 1Shame on you Europe. Silent heroes in France’s other ‘jungle’
- 2Determined youth of Poland use social media to battle right-wing shift
- 3Bright ideas: Exploring the importance of light on learning
- 4Sweden’s warm welcome for refugees starting to cool
- 5The women who knew too much: the price to pay for whistleblowers
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Partnering to grow Europe
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 6Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 7Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 8Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 9Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 10Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 11‘National’ funeral for Celine Dion’s husband ‘over the top’
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 14latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 15Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 16Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 17world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 182015 | archives : euronews
- 19French language revolution in France
- 20Brussels remains on high alert: ‘multiple operations underway’ across Belgium