McClaren’s hard work during the summer break paid off on Sunday as Jenson Button claimed a dominant victory at the Belgian Grand Prix in Spa.
However, his team mate barely got going as he was taken out, along with Ferando Alsonso, by a multi-car pile-up triggered by French rookie Romain Grosjean.
Grosjean has been handed a one race suspension as a result of the incident.
Button won from pole position but Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel had to fight his way from 10th to claim second place. Kimi Raikkonen of Lotus-Renault came third.
Fernando Alonso still leads the drivers’ championship with 164 points, but hot on his heels is Vettel at just 24 points behind.
Vettel’s team mate Mark Webber is a further eight points back with 132 while Kimi Raikkonen sits fourth with 131.
Red Bull are well in the lead in the Constructors’ Championships, with McClaren second followed by Lotus-Renault.
- 1Cancellara in yellow Greipal wins stage 2 of the Tour de France
- 2Mongolia and Japan call the shots at Ulaanbaatar Judo Grand Prix
- 3Ulaanbaatar Judo Grand Prix visitors impress in Mongolia
- 4Rohan Dennis record breaking Lycra lad wins Tour de France Grand Depart
- 5Solid gold Hamilton speeds silver arrow to victory at Silverstone.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 5Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 6Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 8Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 9Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 10Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 13Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 16Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 17Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 18Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern
Wires > Sport
- 08:38 CET Cummins ready to take the red ball after Ashes call-up
- 08:04 CET Women’s World Cup offers hope amid FIFA crisis
- 07:07 CET Wambach coy on international future after World Cup win
- 06:01 CET Hat-trick hero Lloyd dreams big and wins World Cup
- 05:56 CET Optimism returns for Woods after rare bogey-free round
- 05:25 CET U.S. triumph caps truly global Women’s World Cup
- 04:24 CET Lloyd hat-trick inspires U.S. World Cup victory
- 03:50 CET FIFA officials booed before World Cup trophy ceremony