McClaren’s hard work during the summer break paid off on Sunday as Jenson Button claimed a dominant victory at the Belgian Grand Prix in Spa.
However, his team mate barely got going as he was taken out, along with Ferando Alsonso, by a multi-car pile-up triggered by French rookie Romain Grosjean.
Grosjean has been handed a one race suspension as a result of the incident.
Button won from pole position but Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel had to fight his way from 10th to claim second place. Kimi Raikkonen of Lotus-Renault came third.
Fernando Alonso still leads the drivers’ championship with 164 points, but hot on his heels is Vettel at just 24 points behind.
Vettel’s team mate Mark Webber is a further eight points back with 132 while Kimi Raikkonen sits fourth with 131.
Red Bull are well in the lead in the Constructors’ Championships, with McClaren second followed by Lotus-Renault.
- 1Champions League: Defending champs Barcelona storm into last 16
- 2Britain’s Webb wins Antarctic Ice Marathon
- 3Djokovic downs Federer to secure ATP World Tour title in London
- 4Klitschko and Fury warm up for title fight at Dusseldorf airport
- 5Champions League: Real Madrid hold off Shakhtar to win Group A
- 1Coordinated terror attacks leave dozens dead in Paris
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 31000-year-old Bible found in Turkey
- 4Bomb and several shootings in central Paris – reports of fatalities and injuries
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Police hunting Paris attacks mastermind battle with suspects in heart of Paris
- 7European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 8world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 9Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 10latest sci-tech news : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 12‘Anonymous’ hackers’ group declares ‘war’ on ISIL
- 13‘Maxed-out:’ Jordan’s King Abdullah II’s frank warning over Syria crisis
- 14International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 15Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 16No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary
- 17Latest News Bulletin
- 18Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 20Terrorist threat on Europe’s rail network, according to German tabloid
Wires > Sport
- 14:56 CET Costa dropped but Chelsea still toothless in Spurs draw
- 14:38 CET Lafita inspires Getafe to beat misfiring Villarreal
- 14:31 CET F1 tightens cooperation rules, clears Ferrari – Haas
- 13:06 CET Gignac goal secures Mexican last-four berth for Tigres
- 13:05 CET West Indian spinner Narine suspended for illegal action
- 12:24 CET M’Baye Niang double worth the wait for Milan
- 10:49 CET It’s not me that needs to change, Hamilton tells Dennis
- 09:48 CET Driverless series not sport, says Mercedes boss