McClaren’s hard work during the summer break paid off on Sunday as Jenson Button claimed a dominant victory at the Belgian Grand Prix in Spa.
However, his team mate barely got going as he was taken out, along with Ferando Alsonso, by a multi-car pile-up triggered by French rookie Romain Grosjean.
Grosjean has been handed a one race suspension as a result of the incident.
Button won from pole position but Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel had to fight his way from 10th to claim second place. Kimi Raikkonen of Lotus-Renault came third.
Fernando Alonso still leads the drivers’ championship with 164 points, but hot on his heels is Vettel at just 24 points behind.
Vettel’s team mate Mark Webber is a further eight points back with 132 while Kimi Raikkonen sits fourth with 131.
Red Bull are well in the lead in the Constructors’ Championships, with McClaren second followed by Lotus-Renault.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russian rumour mill suggests Putin suffering poor health | euronews, world news
- 3Slovenia becomes 11th EU nation to approve gay marriage | euronews, world news
- 4[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 5Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 6Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted | euronews, world news
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8Why is Bulgaria the EU’s most unhappy country? | euronews, world news
- 9French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 10Greece’s claim for war reparations from Germany explained | euronews, world news
- 11eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 12Reaching new heights: Parents in India scale walls to ‘help students cheat’ | euronews, world news
- 13Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 14Handwriting and the digital age, time for change in schools? | euronews, learning world
- 15London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
- 16International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 17French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 18Manufacturing jihad – Nicolas Hénin explains what he learned about ISIL | euronews, the global conversation
- 19Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say? | euronews, world news
- 20Which EU country has the biggest gender pay gap? | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 01:10 CET Love to have toe surgery, misses Clarke catch-up
- 00:54 CET Coentrao strike seals Portugal win over Serbia
- 00:14 CET Greece stay bottom after goalless draw on Markarian debut
- 23:15 CET Late Long strike denies Poland victory in Ireland
- 23:05 CET Scotland smash Gibraltar, but a new ‘Rock star’ emerges
- 22:33 CET Red-hot Lafferty keeps Northern Ireland on course for finals
- 21:15 CET ‘Lucky escape’ for National great Champion
- 20:42 CET Reus, Mueller on target as Germany ease past Georgia