01/09/12 09:03 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Ann Romney called Clint Eastwood “a unique guy” after his rambling, one-sided conversation with an imaginary Barack Obama at the Republican National Convention. It appears her view is widely shared.
The surprise speaker brought star power to the show has he warmed up the crowd for Mitt Romney’s presidential nomination acceptance speech.
But he is now become a surprise internet hit with the president himself joining a host of celebrities and others in poking fun at the Hollywood actor and director.
The 82-year-old’s cameo appearance seemed to thrill many in the audience but it has been widely panned on the web, even giving rise to a new term “Eastwooding” – a word that is now viral.
- 1Hero’s welcome for Ukraine pilot Nadiya Savchenko after Russia prisoner swap
- 2Germany: #Cutesolidarity response to Kinder chocolate controversy
- 3In the EU ‘one in three deaths of under-75s is avoidable,’ says Eurostat
- 4G7 leaders visit Japanese holy shrine ahead of summit
- 5Germany’s carrot and stick approach to refugee integration
- 1The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 2Turkey warns EU migrant deal could collapse if visa-waiver isn’t speeded up
- 3Eurozone ministers agree “breakthrough” deal with Greece
- 4More fuel frustration as French pickets refuse to back down
- 5Ukrainian pilot Savchenko back in Kyiv after 2 years in Russian jail
- 1EgyptAir crash: airline says Flight MS804 wreckage found
- 2The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 3Venezuela economy fractured with shortages of essentials across the country
- 4Crimean Tatars look for Eurovision boost on day of national tragedy
- 5Emergency response: inside Ecuador’s disaster zones
Wires > News
- 14:44 CET French union leads new anti-reform protests, seeks to maintain…
- 14:25 CET No masking Trump’s popularity at Chinese Partytime Factory
- 14:22 CET Italy says another migrant boat capsized, some 80 feared dead
- 14:21 CET Raided Belgian cell had possible targets in second city Antwerp
- 14:19 CET Obama – Trump displays ignorance, seeks tweets over solutions
- 14:18 CET Protesters clash with Congo police over likely delay of November…
- 14:11 CET Nearly 1,000 killed in attacks on health workers in 2014-15 – WHO
- 14:06 CET Zimbabwe’s Mugabe empties food-starved female prisons under amnesty