01/09/12 09:03 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Ann Romney called Clint Eastwood “a unique guy” after his rambling, one-sided conversation with an imaginary Barack Obama at the Republican National Convention. It appears her view is widely shared.
The surprise speaker brought star power to the show has he warmed up the crowd for Mitt Romney’s presidential nomination acceptance speech.
But he is now become a surprise internet hit with the president himself joining a host of celebrities and others in poking fun at the Hollywood actor and director.
The 82-year-old’s cameo appearance seemed to thrill many in the audience but it has been widely panned on the web, even giving rise to a new term “Eastwooding” – a word that is now viral.
Latest world news
Iraq: al Sadr supporters storm Green Zone and parliament
Cuts in EU mobile roaming charges come into effect
Germany: hundreds arrested as anti-immigrant AfD congress starts
Rescue teams keep searching after deadly Kenya collapse
Ireland: Minority government deal breaks political deadlock
Wires > News
- 16:52 CET Rescuers search rubble of Nairobi building, at least 12 dead
- 16:26 CET Air strikes pound Syria’s Aleppo, ‘calm’ farther southwest
- 15:39 CET China, Japan more upbeat on ties but challenges remain
- 15:37 CET Left-wing protesters clash with German police before right-wing…
- 15:20 CET Germany to ask European Commission to allow extension of border…
- 14:55 CET Afghan forces launch push against Taliban
- 12:44 CET Italy merchant ship rescues 26 migrants off Libya, others feared…
- 12:36 CET Russia defends intercept of U.S. reconnaissance plane over Baltic