The UN’s nuclear watchdog says Iran has doubled production capacity at its Fordo facility.
The International Atomic Energy Agency said the number of centrifuges there have increased from just over 1,000 in May to more than 2,000 now.
Those new machines are not yet operating, the report said.
The IAEA also said Iranian officials hampered inspections of another nuclear site.
Iran denies its atomic programme has a military aspect.
Tehran says Fordo enriches uranium to 20 percent for civilian purposes.
But in May, UN inspectors found uranium enriched at 27 percent, closer to the level required to make a nuclear weapon.
Iran argues the readings are inaccurate.
- 1Russian co-pilot says his plane downed “without warning” by Turks
- 2Warning or no warning – tension grows between Russia and Turkey over downed jet
- 3No violation, no warning, a premediatated provocation growls Moscow
- 4Germany will ‘do more’ to fight ISIL, says Merkel
- 5Turkey’s NATO ambassador defends downing of Russian fighter jet
- 1Paris attacker Abdelhamid Abaaoud ‘returned to scene of shootings’
- 2Russia says second SU-24 crew member safe and back at base in Syria
- 3Turkey insists it seeks no fight with Russia on its Syrian border as Russia boosts air base defences
- 4Calls for calm as tensions rise over Turkish downing of Russian jet
- 5Fate of pilots of downed Russian jet unclear
- 1At least 22 people killed as Mali hotel siege ends
- 2Fate of pilots of downed Russian jet unclear
- 3Russia confirms Turks have shot down one of its planes on Syrian border
- 4Five questions on Russia’s air strikes in Syria
- 5Hasna Aitboulahcen did not detonate a suicide vest during the St. Denis shoot out
- 1Coordinated terror attacks leave dozens dead in Paris
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Bomb and several shootings in central Paris – reports of fatalities and injuries
- 41000-year-old Bible found in Turkey
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6latest sci-tech news : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 7Police hunting Paris attacks mastermind battle with suspects in heart of Paris
- 8European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 9New temporary spiritual leader of Muslim Brotherhood appointed
- 10world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 11Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Egypt armed forces chief Abdul Fattah al-Sisi – a man of destiny
- 14Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 15Latest sport news
- 16Iraq: deadly car bombs kill more than 60 in Baghdad
- 17No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary
- 18‘Anonymous’ hackers’ group declares ‘war’ on ISIL
- 19‘Maxed-out:’ Jordan’s King Abdullah II’s frank warning over Syria crisis
- 20Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
Latest world news
Southern Australia burns as fatal bushfires destroy wildlife and livestock
Brazil’s Petrobras scandal claims two more scalps – a billionaire and a politician
UN launches programme to combat violence against women
French comedian Dieudonné is sent to jail over anti-semitic remarks
France introduces plain cigarette packaging
Wires > News
- 09:23 CET Polish refocus on Smolensk crash could hurt relations with Russia
- 08:53 CET Chicago calm a day after release of video of police shooting…
- 08:40 CET Fifteen people killed in helicopter crash in Siberia
- 08:24 CET Russia says strengthens control over food imports from Turkey
- 07:48 CET Thai PM says 4G auction funds will be spent on infrastructure…
- 05:58 CET Mud from Brazil dam burst is toxic, UN says
- 05:09 CET China pledges to work with Africa in fighting militancy after Mali…
- 04:27 CET Japan’s CO2 emissions fall 3 percent to three-year low in FY2014