The Mitt Romney campaign got a surprise Hollywood touch when the veteran actor Clint Eastwood turned up at the Republican Convention.
But the rambling off-the-cuff diatribe left many wishing he had not bothered.
Throughout, he addressed an empty chair, as if an imaginary President Obama were there.
“I never thought it was a good idea for attorneys to be president anyway,” he said, forgetting that Mitt Romney has a law degree. “I think attorneys are so busy. You know, they are always taught to argue everything and weigh both sides. And you know they are always devil’s advocating this and bifurcating this and bifurcating that, you know, all that stuff. But I think it’s maybe time, what do you think, for maybe a businessman. How about that!”
He might have got a good reaction in the hall, but even one former Romney adviser tweeted “Note to file: Actors need a script.”
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Oklahoma supreme court halts executions pending drugs hearing
- 2Ukraine: US releases photos of alleged Russian special forces in the east
- 3Nepalese sherpas threaten strike in wake of Everest avalanche tragedy
- 4Death toll now 87 in South Korea ferry sinking; 215 missing
- 5Miracle stowaway survives five hour jet flight hidden in wheel well
- 1TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 2South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 3Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 4Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 5Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
Wires > News
- 22:36 CET Vandals deface Pope John Paul II memorial before canonisation
- 22:24 CET Car bomb kills four in Kenyan capital
- 22:03 CET Hamas, Abbas’s PLO announce reconciliation agreement
- 22:02 CET Three charged in plot to ship chemical lab equipment from U.S. to…
- 21:55 CET Turkey’s Erdogan offers condolences for 1915 killings of Armenians
- 21:40 CET Russia, China block Central African Republic blacklistings at U.N.
- 21:28 CET U.S. Western Sahara draft urges respecting human rights, no …
- 21:02 CET New law to lure investors to Egypt could feed corruption, critics…