The Venice International Film Festival, or Mostra Di Venezia, celebrated its 80th anniversary this year. Holding its own throughout the years the festival remains one of the most highly regarded in the world, but with notable absences from Venice regular George Clooney and Hollywood heavyweights like Madonna and Angelina Jolie, it was up to the stars of European cinema to light up the red carpet.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1More ‘Hobbit’ some ‘Fury’ and ‘Fifty Shades and Grey’ coming to a cinema near you
- 2Queens of opera offer royal take on ‘Maria Stuarda’ at Covent Garden
- 3Rome celebrates founding emperor Augustus
- 4Cameron Diaz comedy ‘Sex Tape’ asks serious question about privacy
- 5Gillian Anderson stars in film on child sex trafficking in India