Dozens of people have died after a collision between a double-decker coach and a methanol tanker in China.
Officials say just three of the 39 coach passengers survived the crash on a highway near the city of Yan-an in Shaanxi province.
It is thought most of them were asleep at the time of the collision.
The bus was on its way from Baotou in Inner Mongolia to the Shaanxi provincial capital Xian.
Road accidents are among the leading causes of death in China. Last year around 70,000 people were killed on the country’s roads.
- 1The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 2EgyptAir crash: suggestions of explosion on board ‘mere assumptions’ – official
- 3A handshake, a kiss and a hug at historic meeting of Catholic and Muslim leaders
- 4Brazil in crisis after leaked tape forces out interim President’s ally
- 5French union blockades spark petrol shortages
- 1EgyptAir crash: airline says Flight MS804 wreckage found
- 2Venezuela economy fractured with shortages of essentials across the country
- 3The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 4Crimean Tatars look for Eurovision boost on day of national tragedy
- 5Kazakh police break up anti-government protests
Latest world news
Special elite police units to help guard Tour de France
Rise of the far-right in Europe after the result of the Austrian presidential election
France blockades hit ‘all’ oil refineries as labour dispute hardens
Iraqi offensive in Fallujah causing concern over civilian safety, says UN
EgyptAir crash: suggestions of explosion on board ‘mere assumptions’ – official
Wires > News
- 17:09 CET Brazil’s Temer seeks constitutional reform to curb public spending
- 17:04 CET Greece starts moving migrants from squalid border camp
- 16:48 CET New Turkish cabinet reflects Erdogan’s growing power
- 16:32 CET Pakistan says can’t confirm Taliban leader killed in U.S. drone…
- 16:22 CET Iraq forces keep up shelling of Falluja, U.N. concern mounts for…
- 16:10 CET Japan, Canada share ‘serious concerns’ on South China Sea – PM Abe
- 16:03 CET Afghanistan says Taliban shadow governor in Helmand killed
- 15:59 CET Father of Lebanese soldier killed by Nusra Front admits revenge…