Dozens of people have died after a collision between a double-decker coach and a methanol tanker in China.
Officials say just three of the 39 coach passengers survived the crash on a highway near the city of Yan-an in Shaanxi province.
It is thought most of them were asleep at the time of the collision.
The bus was on its way from Baotou in Inner Mongolia to the Shaanxi provincial capital Xian.
Road accidents are among the leading causes of death in China. Last year around 70,000 people were killed on the country’s roads.
- 1Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign rather than see it through
- 2The end of the road for Uber? Executives detained by French police
- 3Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 4Greece to default on IMF loan on Tuesday as banks close and panic buying begins
- 5Croatian President Kolinda Grabar- Kitarovic from peace, recession to feminism
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 6Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 7Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 8Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 9‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 10Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 11NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 12Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 13Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 14Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 15Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 16Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 17Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 18Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern
- 19[Latest] AKP loses its majority as Kurdish party enter Turkish Parliament
- 20Warming to Tbilisi
Wires > News
- 04:10 CET U.S. spy agency wiretapped two French finance ministers – Wikileaks
- 04:08 CET Four Israelis wounded in suspected Palestinian West Bank shooting
- 04:07 CET Car bomb in Yemeni capital hits mourners, dozens wounded
- 03:02 CET Amnesty slams Egypt over arrests of youths
- 00:54 CET Burundi votes in boycott-hit poll; blasts, gunfire heard
- 23:59 CET Insight – France bets on Arab Sunni states as Iran nuclear deal…
- 23:54 CET Yemeni forces launch Scud missile at Saudi Arabia – Yemen military…
- 23:42 CET ICC prosecutor pleads for U.N. Security Council to act on Darfur…