Dozens of people have died after a collision between a double-decker coach and a methanol tanker in China.
Officials say just three of the 39 coach passengers survived the crash on a highway near the city of Yan-an in Shaanxi province.
It is thought most of them were asleep at the time of the collision.
The bus was on its way from Baotou in Inner Mongolia to the Shaanxi provincial capital Xian.
Road accidents are among the leading causes of death in China. Last year around 70,000 people were killed on the country’s roads.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 2Ukraine as it happened: Pro-Russian freeze Ukrainian army operation in Kramatorsk
- 3Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 4Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 5Russian PM Dmitry Medvedev says Ukraine on ‘brink of civil war’
- 1Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 2Mind-bending vending machine dispenses marijuana
- 3Ukrainian troops begin ‘anti-terror operation’ in eastern city Kramatorsk
- 4Deadly bomb attack in Abuja is blamed on Boko Haram
- 5Divisions widen in Ukraine as Kyiv is urged to rein in pro-Russian separatists
Wires > News
- 00:09 CET Nigerian military says most of abducted schoolgirls freed, eight…
- 23:19 CET Nigerian military says most of abducted schoolgirls freed
- 23:03 CET Afghan women stand to be counted as West begins to disengage
- 22:31 CET Mexico captures senior drug boss operating in Mexico City
- 22:27 CET Saudi authorities detain activist after court appearance – wife
- 21:09 CET Yemen’s al Qaeda leader vows to attack America in new video
- 21:05 CET Syrian opposition accuses Assad’s forces of new poison gas attack
- 21:04 CET Algerian police break up anti-government protest before election