Dozens of people have died after a collision between a double-decker coach and a methanol tanker in China.
Officials say just three of the 39 coach passengers survived the crash on a highway near the city of Yan-an in Shaanxi province.
It is thought most of them were asleep at the time of the collision.
The bus was on its way from Baotou in Inner Mongolia to the Shaanxi provincial capital Xian.
Road accidents are among the leading causes of death in China. Last year around 70,000 people were killed on the country’s roads.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
- 2Scientists baffled by two new holes discovered in Siberia
- 3Russia defiant in face of tough EU-US sanctions
- 4#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 5Gaza: Deaths at Jebalya school after Israeli strike
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Air Algerie plane ‘crashes’ over Sahara
- 3Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Arseniy Yatsenyuk
- 4Ukraine: ‘Disappointment’ at Yatsenyuk resignation
- 5Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
Wires > News
- 15:09 CET Greek court ruling on migrant shootings causes outrage
- 14:54 CET Sierra Leone declares state of emergency over Ebola
- 14:48 CET Stop-start Afghan vote audit gets green light, but troubles remain
- 14:32 CET Ukraine blocks premier’s resignation, backs laws
- 14:02 CET US says hopeful of WTO deal with India only hours before deadline
- 13:26 CET China trial of Uighur scholar within weeks, imam reported killed
- 11:50 CET U.N. religion expert concerned over ‘interrupted’ Vietnam visit
- 11:48 CET Greece sends ships to Libya evacuate embassy, foreign nationals