At least eight people are reported killed and sixty wounded by a car bomb in southeastern Turkey, about 50 kilometres from the Syrian border.
Reports are also coming in of a second explosion.
Security sources say the attack happened near a police station in Gaziantep. Police officers were among the injured.
Reports quoting the local governor say the device was remote-controlled.
Turkey has opened an aid centre for Syrian refugees in the town.
- 1Migrant killed near Tunnel amid mass attempt to cross channel
- 2Man killed as 1,500 migrants try to enter Channel Tunnel in Calais
- 3Afghan Taliban leader Mullah Omar is confirmed dead
- 4Rome airport fully operational after forest fire affects flights
- 5Turkey keeps up pressure on PKK with more airstrikes
- 1Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 2French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 3Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 4Bobbi Kristina Brown, Whitney Houston’s daughter, dies
- 5Coach has its roof sheared off in low tunnel near Lille
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 8French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 9Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 10Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 11Latest News Bulletin
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 19Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 20Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign
Latest world news
Turkey: Three soldiers killed as anti-PKK airstrikes intensify
Cecil the lion: angry protesters gather outside Walter Palmer’s office
Migrants: UK is not a “safe haven” says Cameron
MH370: wreckage found on island ‘came from Boeing 777’
Memon: India executes plotter of 1993 Mumbai attacks
Wires > News
- 16:02 CET Rome’s Fiumicino – How unlucky can an airport be?
- 16:01 CET Indian Ocean debris almost certainly from a Boeing 777 – Malaysia
- 15:54 CET Erdogan taking Turkey to war to avenge Kurdish gains – opposition
- 15:40 CET After Russia’s U.N. veto, countries seek court for downed flight…
- 15:14 CET Afghan Taliban names a new leader, but peace talks delayed
- 15:12 CET Landslide near Nepal’s popular Annapurna trek route kills 30
- 15:00 CET German Social Democrats fret as ‘Mr Zig Zag’ stumbles
- 14:22 CET Tsipras seeks Greek ruling party members’ vote on bailout