Two gun and bomb attacks have left six police officers dead and eight injured in the North Caucasus region or Russia.
On Saturday evening two masked gunmen opened fires at a mosque in at Khasavyurt in Dagestan.
A bomb also went off and but it is reported a second device failed to explode.
No one died but eight people were hurt with three in intensive care.
The second attack took place at Malgobek in Ingushettia on Sunday morning. At least six police were killed when a bomb exploded at the entrance to the house of a former colleague whose funeral was being held.
Investigators say they have found the head of a person they believe was a suicide bomber.
The North Caucasus region has seen some of the worst ethnic violence in recent years.
Both attacks took place as Russians were marking the end of Ramadan
- 1Myanmar refuses sole responsibility in Rohingya migrant crisis
- 2Russia ‘amassing artillery’ near border with eastern Ukraine, reports suggest
- 3Greece designs new two-euro coin amid fears of Grexit
- 4Putin classifies Russian troop deaths during peacetime a state secret
- 5Nigeria: Buhari inaugurated in first democratic transfer of power
- 1Tony Blair to step down as Middle East representative
- 2Iraq ‘exhumes 470 bodies’, thought to be victims of ISIL-led massacre
- 3Eastern Ukraine: separatists ‘will not push for independence,’ says spokesperson
- 4‘Rampant corruption:’ US orders arrest of senior FIFA executives
- 5Jack Warner turns himself in after being accused of corruption in FIFA scandal
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 7Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 8International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 9Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 12Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 13EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 14Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 15Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 16Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 17We will not be moved! China’s urban spread resistance [PHOTOS]
- 18Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 19Recharging without cables: the road ahead for electric cars
- 20eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
Wires > News
- 23:11 CET With no peace, Ukraine is beset by humanitarian risks – U.N.
- 22:58 CET Video shows Canada Parliament gunman praying before attack
- 22:51 CET U.S. considers airport preclearance centres in nine countries
- 21:57 CET At U.N., states urged to do more to stop flow of foreign fighters
- 21:40 CET Gunmen kill 19 bus passengers in Pakistan attack
- 21:38 CET U.S. drops Cuba from list of state sponsors of terrorism
- 21:31 CET Yemen’s former president says exiled leader Hadi no longer relevant
- 21:21 CET President of Milan Expo investigated for tax evasion, embezzlement