Two gun and bomb attacks have left six police officers dead and eight injured in the North Caucasus region or Russia.
On Saturday evening two masked gunmen opened fires at a mosque in at Khasavyurt in Dagestan.
A bomb also went off and but it is reported a second device failed to explode.
No one died but eight people were hurt with three in intensive care.
The second attack took place at Malgobek in Ingushettia on Sunday morning. At least six police were killed when a bomb exploded at the entrance to the house of a former colleague whose funeral was being held.
Investigators say they have found the head of a person they believe was a suicide bomber.
The North Caucasus region has seen some of the worst ethnic violence in recent years.
Both attacks took place as Russians were marking the end of Ramadan
Latest world news
Brazil: Senate committee approves report recommending Rousseff’s impeachment
Turkish journalists sentenced for revealing state secrets
Hungary’s PM Orban slams plans for migrant quota fines
Sadiq Khan set to become London’s first Muslim mayor
Turkey: journalist speaks out against those ‘targeting’ him after Istanbul shooting
Wires > News
- 00:20 CET Images show possible preparations for North Korea nuclear test -…
- 22:14 CET Turkish journalists jailed for five years, hours after courthouse…
- 20:38 CET Panama Papers source breaks silence, denies being a spy -…
- 20:27 CET China takes first step in $1 billion pledge to U.N. to fund peace…
- 20:25 CET Egypt gives Italy phone records of union chief – source
- 19:58 CET Russia says U.S.-Georgian military exercises could destabilise…
- 19:56 CET U.S. says it is committed to keeping Aleppo truce in place beyond…
- 19:40 CET Brazil Senate committee votes for Rousseff to stand trial