Two gun and bomb attacks have left six police officers dead and eight injured in the North Caucasus region or Russia.
On Saturday evening two masked gunmen opened fires at a mosque in at Khasavyurt in Dagestan.
A bomb also went off and but it is reported a second device failed to explode.
No one died but eight people were hurt with three in intensive care.
The second attack took place at Malgobek in Ingushettia on Sunday morning. At least six police were killed when a bomb exploded at the entrance to the house of a former colleague whose funeral was being held.
Investigators say they have found the head of a person they believe was a suicide bomber.
The North Caucasus region has seen some of the worst ethnic violence in recent years.
Both attacks took place as Russians were marking the end of Ramadan
Wires > News
- 04:55 CET Peru’s Fujimori would hike corporate taxes, widen fiscal gap…
- 04:08 CET EU hate speech deal shows mounting pressures over internet content…
- 04:02 CET Airbus says EgyptAir strengthens case for ejectable ‘black boxes’
- 03:19 CET Leader of Western Sahara independence movement dies after illness
- 02:27 CET Four dead in collapse at South Korea subway construction site
- 02:08 CET Japan PM to postpone sales tax rise, snap election off table for…
- 01:32 CET As Beijing flexes muscles in South China Sea, Malaysia eyes harder…
- 01:18 CET Combative Trump says he raised $5.6 million for vets, bashes media