A suspected Nazi war criminal living in Australia has won a legal battle against extradition to his native Hungary, where he is accused of murdering a Jewish teenager during World War II.
The High Court in Canberra said 90-year-old Charles Zentai, an Australian citizen, could not be sent back because there was no offence of “war crime” in Hungary at the time.
Wires > News
- 22:04 CET Turkey warns of rising European xenophobia after Brexit vote
- 21:48 CET After Brexit, what? U.S. secessionists hankering for ‘Texit’
- 21:37 CET Venezuela dialogue could open way for international help – …
- 21:36 CET U.S. strikes Afghan Taliban targets, in debut of broader role
- 21:28 CET Hezbollah to send more fighters to Syria’s Aleppo
- 20:24 CET For Donald Trump, going on about golf is par for the course
- 20:21 CET France says new Europe needed after Brexit ‘explosive shock’
- 20:18 CET Pope on visit to Armenia cites ‘genocide’, likely to anger Turkey