An internet entrepreneur accused of costing media companies 400 million euros through piracy has revived plans for a new music venture online.
Kim Dotcom told followers on the micro-blogging site Twitter that the service called Megabox would be launched this year.
He also hinted at a return of Megaupload, the file-sharing site that led to the charges of copyright theft and fraud in the United States.
The site was closed in January. The FBI and the US Justice Department want Dotcom extradited from his home in New Zealand to stand trial in the United States.
Auckland police raided his mansion in January, putting plans for his music site on hold.
An extradition hearing is scheduled for next March.
I know what you are all waiting for. It’s coming. This year. Promise. Bigger. Better. Faster. 100% Safe & Unstoppable.— Kim Dotcom (@KimDotcom) Août 13, 2012
Yes… Megabox is also coming this year ;-)— Kim Dotcom (@KimDotcom) Août 13, 2012
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist
- 2Unverified video appears to show ISIL killing of 30 Ethiopian Christians
- 3US Navy deploys two more warships near Yemen as conflict escalates
- 4Fire and brimstone show EU deal is close, Varoufakis tells euronews
- 5Ethiopia: Clashes at rally to mourn Christians killed by ISIL in Libya
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 4Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 5The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 6Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 7Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 8Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 9Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 10ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 13Indonesia executes five foreigners despite protest | euronews, world news
- 14International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 15eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 16Energy-generating clothes and smart lights join the Internet of Things | euronews, hi-tech
- 17Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
- 18International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 19Russia bans film adaptation of ‘Child 44’ | euronews, world news
- 20World news video | euronews the latest world news online | breaking world news video
Wires > News
- 15:28 CET Sanctions on Russia should be tied to fulfilling Minsk deal -…
- 15:23 CET Putin accuses ‘quasi-partners’ of counting on Russia collapse
- 15:14 CET Indonesia rebuffs last-ditch bids to delay drug – convict…
- 15:02 CET Turkey’s Erdogan criticises Putin over Armenian ‘genocide’ comments
- 15:01 CET Nepal scrambles to organise quake relief, many flee capital
- 14:24 CET U.S., Japan to unveil new defence guidelines amid China’s rise
- 13:54 CET Israel invites bids for 77 settler homes
- 13:14 CET Sudanese President Bashir wins 94.05 percent of vote – election…