An internet entrepreneur accused of costing media companies 400 million euros through piracy has revived plans for a new music venture online.
Kim Dotcom told followers on the micro-blogging site Twitter that the service called Megabox would be launched this year.
He also hinted at a return of Megaupload, the file-sharing site that led to the charges of copyright theft and fraud in the United States.
The site was closed in January. The FBI and the US Justice Department want Dotcom extradited from his home in New Zealand to stand trial in the United States.
Auckland police raided his mansion in January, putting plans for his music site on hold.
An extradition hearing is scheduled for next March.
I know what you are all waiting for. It’s coming. This year. Promise. Bigger. Better. Faster. 100% Safe & Unstoppable.— Kim Dotcom (@KimDotcom) Août 13, 2012
Yes… Megabox is also coming this year ;-)— Kim Dotcom (@KimDotcom) Août 13, 2012
- 1Japanese volcano erupts on nuclear power station island
- 2One of world’s biggest container ships stranded on German river
- 3Modern Express towed safely into Bilbao port
- 4EU foreign ministers tell Turkey to let in the exodus from Aleppo
- 5Five migrants saved from channel after trying to sail to Britain from Calais
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 6Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 7Turkey: Explosion hits Istanbul’s main tourist district
- 8Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 9Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Partnering to grow Europe
- 11Macedonian Postcards: The Mavrovo National Park
- 12Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 13Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 14Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 15Brussels remains on high alert: ‘multiple operations underway’ across Belgium
- 16Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 18smart care - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 20Meet Bernie Sanders, the democratic socialist who wants to be US president
Latest world news
Five migrants saved from channel after trying to sail to Britain from Calais
Suicide bomber attacks Pakistani military convoy
Pope Francis celebrates Jubilee day in honour of Padre Pio
World condemns North Korean satellite launch
Syrian refugees flee to Turkey border as Aleppo assault intensifies
Wires > News
- 01:20 CET Over 130 people still trapped in quake-hit Taiwan tower – official
- 00:31 CET Australian woman freed after kidnap by al Qaeda in Burkina Faso
- 23:56 CET More than 3,100 pregnant women in Colombia have Zika virus -…
- 22:59 CET Tunisia finishes Libya border fence intended to keep out militants
- 22:41 CET Anti-Islam movement PEGIDA stages protests across Europe
- 22:39 CET Iraq’s water minister judges only tiny danger of Mosul dam collapse
- 20:52 CET Turkey must cut migrant flows to Europe, top EU official says
- 20:44 CET Five Czechs killed as huge Austrian avalanche buries 17