Britain’s Anthony Joshua claimed gold in the Super Heavy Weight division, making up a three-point deficit in the final round to clinch the title on countback. Amid extraordinary scenes for Joshua after an 18-18 draw with Italy’s Roberto Camarelle brought the house down.
Uganda’s Stephen Kiprotich stunned the Kenyans and many other people besides to clinch gold in the Marathon. The 23-year-old burst past Abel Kirui and Wilson Kipsang around the 38km mark to leave his two rivals trailing and claim only Uganda’s second ever Olympic gold in Athletics.
In basketball the United States took gold in a thrilling and closely fought contest against Spain. Although the Americans won, it was not until the fourth quarter that they started to pull away. Despite that Spain fought until the very last second to bring the final score to 107-100.
It was a good day in boxing for Ukraine as Vasyl Lomachenko won his second Olympic Games title, defeating Korea’s Soonchul Han in the men’s Light Weight final. And in wrestling Japan won their first men’s gold in 24 years after Tatsuhiro Yonemitsu defeated India’s Sushil Kumar.
Russia became the first team in the history of men’s Olympic Volleyball to win the final from two sets down as they stunned Brazil 3-2 at Earls Court this afternoon.
Meanwhile Lithuania’s Laura Asadauskaite claimed the final gold medal of the London 2012 Olympic Games with victory in the women’s Modern Pentathlon competition.
- 13D, 360° virtual reality is ready to launch – on an adult film
- 2French Riviera declared ‘disaster zone’ after deadly flash floods
- 3Migrant crisis: Hungary poised to shut unofficial border crossings with Croatia
- 4Russian air strike hits terrorist training camp in Syria, say defence officials
- 5Refugees tell of ISIL brutality which forced them to leave Syria
- 1Pope Francis kisses hands of Holocaust survivors
- 2Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 3NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 4France claims Russian jets have struck rebel, not IS forces in Homs
- 53D, 360° virtual reality is ready to launch – on an adult film
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 11Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 12Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 13Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 14Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 17Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 18International news | euronews, latest international news
- 19Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 20[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
Messi’s father faces jail over tax fraud charges
Holland and Sweden face crucial Euro qualifier fixtures
Graham Jarvis beats Jonny Walker in thrilling Red Bull Sea to Sky Enduro final in Turkey
Sochi gears up for Sunday’s Russian Grand Prix
South Korea’s Chung Mong-joon dismisses FIFA charges against him
Wires > News
- 00:08 CET Lack of experience costs England dear
- 23:39 CET Germany great Mueller suffering from Alzheimers – Bayern
- 22:48 CET Formula One could be sold this year – Ecclestone
- 22:00 CET De Bruyne to be given lead role for Belgium
- 21:08 CET Samoan Tuilagi suspended for five weeks
- 21:05 CET South American qualifiers start without elite quintet
- 20:21 CET Germany have one eye on the finals, Ireland one on Scotland
- 20:15 CET Van Persie predicts Turkey slip up as Dutch chase playoffs