Dozens of people have been killed after a bus crashed in India’s mountainous Himachal Pradesh state.
The accident, which happened close to nine o’clock in the morning local time, saw the vehicle plunge into a gorge more than 100 metres deep.
It is believed at least 17 people were injured.
Sunil Chaudhury, administrator of Himachal Pradesh’s Chamba district, where the bus crashed, told reporters all victims’ bodies have been recovered.
Although an investigation into the cause of the crash has been started, Chaudhury also said the bus appeared to have been overloaded.
National figures show more than 110,000 people die in road accidents each year, making India the country with the largest number of road fatalities
Wires > News
- 20:07 CET Drowned baby picture captures week of tragedy in Mediterranean
- 20:06 CET White House placed on partial security lockdown – official
- 19:32 CET Libyan oil guard says captures coastal town from Islamic State…
- 19:31 CET Japan puts military on alert for possible North Korea missile…
- 19:25 CET Chad’s ex-leader Habre, Cold War-era ally of West, gets life in…
- 18:56 CET Syrian opposition to decide new negotiating team next week after…
- 18:53 CET Brother of Paris attacker on trial over militant training
- 16:48 CET Turkey’s Erdogan – No Muslim family should engage in birth control