Dozens of people have been killed after a bus crashed in India’s mountainous Himachal Pradesh state.
The accident, which happened close to nine o’clock in the morning local time, saw the vehicle plunge into a gorge more than 100 metres deep.
It is believed at least 17 people were injured.
Sunil Chaudhury, administrator of Himachal Pradesh’s Chamba district, where the bus crashed, told reporters all victims’ bodies have been recovered.
Although an investigation into the cause of the crash has been started, Chaudhury also said the bus appeared to have been overloaded.
National figures show more than 110,000 people die in road accidents each year, making India the country with the largest number of road fatalities
- 1Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 2Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 3Saakashvili warns of Odessa region’s importance to Ukraine
- 4Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign
- 5Suspect in French beheading attack admits killing his boss
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 7Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 8[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 9Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 10NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 12‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 13Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 14Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 15Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 16Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 17Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 18Greek banks, stock exchange will not open on Monday, Tsipras announces
- 19Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 20Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern
Wires > News
- 23:03 CET Pope comes ‘home’ to South America to defend planet and the poor
- 22:50 CET Heavy fighting as Iraqi forces try to surround Falluja
- 21:56 CET Pope lands in Quito at start of South America tour
- 20:38 CET Albanian police catch suspected killer of Czech tourists
- 18:13 CET Greek referendum final polls show ‘No’ vote ahead by small margin
- 18:06 CET Insight – Fears of Syria war persist in Lebanese border village
- 17:46 CET Lebanese Hezbollah and Syrian army enter rebel-held border city
- 17:45 CET Islamic State targeted in 38 air strikes by U.S.-led coalition -…