Dozens of people have been killed after a bus crashed in India’s mountainous Himachal Pradesh state.
The accident, which happened close to nine o’clock in the morning local time, saw the vehicle plunge into a gorge more than 100 metres deep.
It is believed at least 17 people were injured.
Sunil Chaudhury, administrator of Himachal Pradesh’s Chamba district, where the bus crashed, told reporters all victims’ bodies have been recovered.
Although an investigation into the cause of the crash has been started, Chaudhury also said the bus appeared to have been overloaded.
National figures show more than 110,000 people die in road accidents each year, making India the country with the largest number of road fatalities
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Divers grapple with inhuman conditions as Sewol ferry salvage continues
- 2MH370: bad weather halts search as ‘unidentified material’ found on Australian coast
- 3War of words grows more heated as Russia accuses the US of ‘running the show’ in Ukraine
- 4Exhumations at suspected Serbia mass grave begin
- 5Transnistria territorially tempting to Russia
- 1TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 2South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 3Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 4Divers grapple with inhuman conditions as Sewol ferry salvage continues
- 5Dragon docks at International Space Station
Wires > News
- 11:45 CET Libya faces enormous security challenge – U.S. diplomat
- 11:16 CET Obama reaffirms commitment to Japan on tour of Asia allies
- 10:56 CET U.N. Security Council members considering South Sudan sanctions
- 09:26 CET Three foreigners killed in attack in Afghan hospital – security…
- 09:25 CET Wage talks resume as South Africa platinum strike marks 13th week
- 08:36 CET Historic canonisation of two popes brings joy and controversy
- 07:48 CET Exclusive – Marubeni says Chinese authorities detain three staff…
- 07:03 CET Pakistan fighter jets target militant hideouts near Afghan border