China produced yet another dominant display in London on Wednesday, completing the sweep of all four table tennis titles with an emphatic 3-0 victory over South Korea in the men’s team final.
This win sees China clinch their 24th gold medal out of a possible 28 since the sport entered the Olympic schedule in 1988.
Elsewhere, America’s Aries Merritt stormed to gold in the 110 metres hurdles, in one of the most hotly contested races of the London Olympics.
The 27-year-old crossed the finish line in an impressive time of 12.92 seconds to edge out World Champion Jason Richardson and Jamaica’s Hansle Parchment.
America’s Allyson Felix outclassed Jamaica’s Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce to claim the women’s 200-metre final.
Felix, a silver medallist in Athens and Beijing completed the course in 21.88 seconds to secure the win, with compatriot Carmelita Jeter finishing third ahead of Veronica Campbell-Brown.
Norway’s Eirik Veras Larsen held his nerve to reclaim the Olympic title in the men’s 1,000-metre K-1 at Dorney Lake.
The 36-year-old downed favourite Adam van Koeverden of Canada who took silver to add to the gold, silver and bronze medals he held from previous Games.
Switzerland’s Steve Guerdat produced a flawless run to take gold in the men’s individual show jumping.
Dutch rider Gerco Schroder eventually had to settle for second place while Cian O’Connor completed the podium to give Ireland its first medal of the Olympics.
- 1Bobbi Kristina Brown, Whitney Houston’s daughter, dies
- 2Coach has its roof sheared off in low tunnel near Lille
- 3Turkey appears to attack Kurdish targets in Syria, Turkey denies claim
- 4Saudi King flies into Cote d’Azur amid row over beach closure
- 5Sex, drugs and ‘shocking’ behaviour: Lord Sewel steps down amid allegations of lewd conduct
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 12French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 13Latest News Bulletin
- 14International news | euronews, latest international news
- 15Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 16Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 17At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 18Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 19‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 20Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
Wires > News
- 22:28 CET Mexico fire coach Herrera after alleged punching incident
- 21:36 CET Woods sees game coming together after ‘frustrating’ season
- 20:17 CET Nigeria target German model in bid to revive fortunes
- 20:08 CET Diaby agrees deal to join Marseille
- 19:27 CET Boston activist group credited for defeating Olympics pitch
- 18:22 CET Berlin hosting “Jewish Olympics” in stadium Hitler built
- 17:44 CET Crespo joins Villa as Sherwood continues to ring changes
- 16:17 CET Vidal completes $44 million move from Juve to Bayern