China produced yet another dominant display in London on Wednesday, completing the sweep of all four table tennis titles with an emphatic 3-0 victory over South Korea in the men’s team final.
This win sees China clinch their 24th gold medal out of a possible 28 since the sport entered the Olympic schedule in 1988.
Elsewhere, America’s Aries Merritt stormed to gold in the 110 metres hurdles, in one of the most hotly contested races of the London Olympics.
The 27-year-old crossed the finish line in an impressive time of 12.92 seconds to edge out World Champion Jason Richardson and Jamaica’s Hansle Parchment.
America’s Allyson Felix outclassed Jamaica’s Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce to claim the women’s 200-metre final.
Felix, a silver medallist in Athens and Beijing completed the course in 21.88 seconds to secure the win, with compatriot Carmelita Jeter finishing third ahead of Veronica Campbell-Brown.
Norway’s Eirik Veras Larsen held his nerve to reclaim the Olympic title in the men’s 1,000-metre K-1 at Dorney Lake.
The 36-year-old downed favourite Adam van Koeverden of Canada who took silver to add to the gold, silver and bronze medals he held from previous Games.
Switzerland’s Steve Guerdat produced a flawless run to take gold in the men’s individual show jumping.
Dutch rider Gerco Schroder eventually had to settle for second place while Cian O’Connor completed the podium to give Ireland its first medal of the Olympics.
- 1German police make progress in profiling of Andreas Lubitz, as new video emerges
- 2“I hope I never return to a locked door”: Pilot who foresaw Germanwings crash
- 3Lufthansa fears second Germanwings black box may never be found
- 4Germanwings: Terrifying transcripts of doomed plane’s ‘last minutes’
- 5Istanbul: Police negotiate with gunmen who’ve taken prosecutor hostage
- 1Germanwings: Terrifying transcripts of doomed plane’s ‘last minutes’
- 2Lufthansa fears second Germanwings black box may never be found
- 3Data recorder is key to ending Flight 9525 speculation
- 4Unconfirmed reports and speculation mount over Germanwings crash
- 5Six world powers to make a final push for a deal over Iran’s nuclear programme
- 1Germanwings crash: search suspended
- 2Prosecutors believe co-pilot deliberately flew Germanwings jet into mountain
- 3‘One day the world will know my name’, Germanwings co-pilot Lubitz ‘declared’
- 4Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say?
- 5Andreas Lubitz: Torn-up sick note for day of crash is found at home of Germanwings co-pilot
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russian rumour mill suggests Putin suffering poor health | euronews, world news
- 3Slovenia becomes 11th EU nation to approve gay marriage | euronews, world news
- 4[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 5Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 6Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted | euronews, world news
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 9Why is Bulgaria the EU’s most unhappy country? | euronews, world news
- 10eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 11Greece’s claim for war reparations from Germany explained | euronews, world news
- 12Reaching new heights: Parents in India scale walls to ‘help students cheat’ | euronews, world news
- 13Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 14Handwriting and the digital age, time for change in schools? | euronews, learning world
- 15London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
- 16International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 17French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 18Manufacturing jihad – Nicolas Hénin explains what he learned about ISIL | euronews, the global conversation
- 19Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say? | euronews, world news
- 20Which EU country has the biggest gender pay gap? | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 22:18 CET US Olympic Committee says committed to Boston bid for 2024 Games
- 22:07 CET Lacklustre Russia held to goalless draw by Kazakhstan
- 22:02 CET Ibra silences raucous Iran fans to give Sweden 3-1 win
- 21:52 CET ‘You cannot be serious’: McEnroe to call his own lines
- 21:50 CET U.S. concede another late goal in Swiss draw
- 20:38 CET Sale of 7.5 million Olympic tickets begins in Rio
- 20:18 CET Former Scotland boss McLeish to leave Genk at end of season
- 16:49 CET South Korea give Cha winning send-off