Nine people have been killed after a train hit a minibus on a level crossing in central Poland.
The force of the impact hurled the vehicle 30 metres down the track.
The crash happened on Monday near the city of Lodz. The crossing had no barrier or guards.
The minibus was carrying 10 people at the time. Most of the victims are understood to be from Ukraine.
It is the second major rail accident in Poland this year. In March, 16 people were killed in a head-on collision between two trains in the south of the country.
- 1Greek Prime Minister Tsipras confirms referendum, calls for Greeks to reject creditors’ proposal
- 2Time runs out: Greece misses 1.6 billion-euro IMF repayment
- 3Crowdfunded site for Greek debt nears €1,500,000 in contributions
- 4Greece’s eurozone future in balance as bailout expires
- 5Ukraine stops buying Russian gas over price row
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 8Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 9Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 10NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 12‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 13Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 14Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 15Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek banks, stock exchange will not open on Monday, Tsipras announces
Wires > News
- 23:21 CET Malaysia tells UN Security Council of push for MH17 tribunal
- 23:18 CET No sweat? Colombia turns to lie detectors to tackle government…
- 22:51 CET Suspected Boko Haram gunmen kill ‘many’ in Nigeria attack
- 22:28 CET Four allies quit Tsipras’ coalition over bailout referendum
- 22:01 CET U.N. says Burundi election was not free, fair or credible
- 21:30 CET No breakthrough at Iran nuclear talks, ministers push for deal soon
- 20:31 CET Syria rejects U.N. criticism of barrel bombs, says ‘technical‘…
- 20:21 CET Pope’s South American trip – defending the poor and the planet