Airbus said on Thursday that it had won purchase commitments to buy planes worth almost 14 billion euros at the Farnborough Airshow.
That breaks down to firm purchase orders for 54 and pledges to buy a further sixty one.
Chief Executive Fabrice Bregier also said wing problems on its new A350 passenger jet would not mean delays.
Sales chief John Leahy confirmed the company is on target to sell 30 of its A380 superjumbos this year.
Fears over a delay to the A350 hit EADS’ shares on Wednesday, while weak sales of the A380 have also been a worry.
- 1Cartier parent company, Richemont squeezed by Swiss Franc revaluation
- 2New survey by German think tank Ifo shows country’s business morale deteriorated in May
- 3WizzAir revamps look for 11th anniversary
- 4Deutsche Bank shareholders dismiss changes at the top
- 5OECD report says record inequality hurting rich nations’ development
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 11Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 12Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 13International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 14Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 15EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 17Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 18How young translators are helping knit European culture together | euronews, generation y
- 19eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 20We will not be moved! China’s urban spread resistance [PHOTOS]
Wires > Business
- 12:42 CET Insight – Funds feel heat of coal and tar divestment drive
- 12:01 CET Pacific free-trade talks ‘in the end-game’ – U.S. trade official
- 09:59 CET Iran says OPEC unlikely to change output ceiling – Mehr news agency
- 09:15 CET Exporters taste credit after Portugal’s long lending drought
- 08:18 CET Renault in Turkey offers concessions to striking workers
- 02:14 CET Fiat Chrysler CEO approached GM about a merger, was rebuffed – NYT
- 21:25 CET Daimler and Qualcomm to develop in-car tech, wireless charging
- 20:40 CET Bank of England confirms EU exit research after email misfire