Airbus said on Thursday that it had won purchase commitments to buy planes worth almost 14 billion euros at the Farnborough Airshow.
That breaks down to firm purchase orders for 54 and pledges to buy a further sixty one.
Chief Executive Fabrice Bregier also said wing problems on its new A350 passenger jet would not mean delays.
Sales chief John Leahy confirmed the company is on target to sell 30 of its A380 superjumbos this year.
Fears over a delay to the A350 hit EADS’ shares on Wednesday, while weak sales of the A380 have also been a worry.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 4Partnering to grow Europe
- 5Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 6Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 7Macedonian Postcards: The Mavrovo National Park
- 8Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 9Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 10latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 12Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 13International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 14Evo Morales celebrates his birthday by playing football
- 15Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 16Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 17Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 18Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 19Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 20Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
Renault 2015 profit up despite big hit from Russia car sales slump
Rolls-Royce stock flying high even as it halves share dividend
Top European Uber executives on trial in France for running an illegal taxi operation
Budapest gets bitcoin taxis
Total bucks trend with better-than-expected profit numbers
Wires > Business
- 23:49 CET HSBC decides to stay in Britain
- 18:28 CET Hinkley Point decision not on EDF board agenda Monday – source
- 18:03 CET Modi urged to make reality match ‘Make in India’ hype
- 17:14 CET OPEC members increasingly keen to end oil glut – Nigeria oil…
- 16:59 CET Noble Group’s LNG traders leaving to join Glencore – sources
- 15:28 CET BP extends scope of Khazzan gas field development in Oman
- 15:11 CET Carrefour offices searched in French agriculture pricing…
- 15:05 CET Analysis – Fed’s ‘dot plot’ looks increasingly out of touch on…