Airbus said on Thursday that it had won purchase commitments to buy planes worth almost 14 billion euros at the Farnborough Airshow.
That breaks down to firm purchase orders for 54 and pledges to buy a further sixty one.
Chief Executive Fabrice Bregier also said wing problems on its new A350 passenger jet would not mean delays.
Sales chief John Leahy confirmed the company is on target to sell 30 of its A380 superjumbos this year.
Fears over a delay to the A350 hit EADS’ shares on Wednesday, while weak sales of the A380 have also been a worry.
- 1Spanish government’s pre-election budget giveaway
- 2Chinese stock meltdown and Windows 10 debut
- 3India joins China in Uber’s bid to expand its online taxi service
- 4Oil price stability on the horizon as companies cut jobs and costs
- 5Golden shot: China shocks the commodities market with reserves revelation
- 1Chinese stock meltdown and Windows 10 debut
- 2Oil price stability on the horizon as companies cut jobs and costs
- 3Microsoft says Windows 10 is a “new era” in personal computing
- 4Former Greek finance minister confirms there was a secret ‘Grexit’ plan
- 5Samsung squeezed by iphones and cheaper Chinese handsets
- 1Former Greek finance minister confirms there was a secret ‘Grexit’ plan
- 2Golden shot: China shocks the commodities market with reserves revelation
- 3Fiat Chrysler recall 1.4 million vehicles in the US over hacking fears
- 4Microsoft says Windows 10 is a “new era” in personal computing
- 5High flyers: how to succeed in the satellite navigation sector
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 8Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 9Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 10French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 11Latest News Bulletin
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 19Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 20Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
Wires > Business
- 03:21 CET Pacific Rim free trade talks unlikely to end in deal – sources
- 01:12 CET Analysts forecast 235 million pound first-half pretax profit for…
- 01:01 CET Tumbling oil prices slam profit at Exxon Mobil, Chevron
- 00:25 CET Yahoo buys fashion website Polyvore
- 22:51 CET Uber valued at about $51 billion after latest funding round – WSJ
- 22:01 CET Ukraine sees end of next week as ‘absolute’ deadline for debt deal…
- 21:46 CET HSBC close to $4 billion sale of Brazilian unit – FT
- 20:49 CET Apple, BMW in courtship with an eye on car collaboration