Airbus said on Thursday that it had won purchase commitments to buy planes worth almost 14 billion euros at the Farnborough Airshow.
That breaks down to firm purchase orders for 54 and pledges to buy a further sixty one.
Chief Executive Fabrice Bregier also said wing problems on its new A350 passenger jet would not mean delays.
Sales chief John Leahy confirmed the company is on target to sell 30 of its A380 superjumbos this year.
Fears over a delay to the A350 hit EADS’ shares on Wednesday, while weak sales of the A380 have also been a worry.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Hungary gets a bitcoin cash machine as the virtual currency craze reaches Budapest
- 2Ukraine related sanctions affect farmers, shoppers, tourists and burger eaters
- 3Stronger dollar pushes euro’s value down, eurozone business growth slows
- 4European farmers protest over lost revenue from Russia sanctions retaliation
- 5Scottish independence vote raises questions for whisky producers
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians | euronews, world news
- 2Ellen MacArthur: making waves on a journey to a circular economy | euronews, the global conversation
- 3China executes eight Muslims convicted of terrorism | euronews, world news
- 4Putin T-Shirts flying off the shelves at Moscow megastore | euronews, world news
- 5Everything you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 6Hoverbike on the horizon | euronews, hi-tech
- 7Ukraine accuses Russian aid convoy of stealing factory equipment | euronews, world news
- 8Massive Swedish forest fire is declared a national emergency | euronews, world news
- 9Risk of fresh ash cloud threatens European air travel | euronews, world news
- 10Man, 27, fails in suicide bid after tigers reject chance to eat him | euronews, world news
- 11Iceland warns Europe’s airlines of possible volcanic eruption | euronews, world news
- 12Beyond the subconscious | euronews, futuris
- 13Bardarbunga volcano in Iceland continues to rumble | euronews, world news
- 14Poland wants compensation from the EU for Russian import ban | euronews, world news
- 15EU’s Russia sanctions doing more harm than good says Hungary’s PM Orban | euronews, world news
- 16Romania buys into bitcoin big time | euronews, corporate
- 17Greek farmers suffer in economic war between Russia and EU | euronews, economy
- 18Turkey’s women have the last laugh | euronews, world news
- 19Hamas executes 18 suspected collaborators | euronews, world news
- 20Turkish ferry makes high-speed final landing | euronews, no comment
Wires > Business
- 23:49 CET Italy’s Renzi tries new reform plan as economy sinks
- 23:08 CET IMF board stands behind Lagarde over French probe
- 23:02 CET A&E to take a stake in Vice Media at $2.5 billion valuation
- 22:52 CET Stocks rise, bond yields steady as ECB seen on hold
- 22:50 CET IMF board stands behind Lagarde over French probe
- 22:31 CET IMF board stands behind Lagarde over French probe
- 21:18 CET Euro lifts, shares drift as ECB easing bets evolve
- 21:12 CET Exclusive – US options exchanges craft rules to fend off turmoil