Airbus said on Thursday that it had won purchase commitments to buy planes worth almost 14 billion euros at the Farnborough Airshow.
That breaks down to firm purchase orders for 54 and pledges to buy a further sixty one.
Chief Executive Fabrice Bregier also said wing problems on its new A350 passenger jet would not mean delays.
Sales chief John Leahy confirmed the company is on target to sell 30 of its A380 superjumbos this year.
Fears over a delay to the A350 hit EADS’ shares on Wednesday, while weak sales of the A380 have also been a worry.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Spanish unemployment falls again, but economic outlook is dimmer
- 2The nightmare continues for Tesco
- 3Boeing sells aviation material to Iran for first time since 1979
- 4Hungarian internet tax proposal angers net users and providers
- 5Who passed? Financial world braces for eurozone bank stress test results
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 3Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 4Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 5British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 6Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 7Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 8European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 9How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 10International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 11Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 12Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 13Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 14All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 15International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 16US says ISIL makes $1 million-a-day selling oil – even to enemies | euronews, world news
- 17US delivers technical aid to Ukraine but warns over security | euronews, world news
- 18euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 19Global warming to ‘cause 250,000 extra deaths a year’ | euronews, world news
- 20Mike Tyson: ‘You learn humbleness when you get older in life’ | euronews, the global conversation
Wires > Business
- 18:35 CET Areva-Siemens raises claim to $4.4 billion over Finnish reactor…
- 17:14 CET Deutsche Bank lawyer found dead in New York
- 11:02 CET Russian government approves law to clamp down on offshore tax…
- 11:00 CET Greybull Capital buys UK’s Monarch
- 10:31 CET Deutsche Bank lawyer found dead in apparent NY suicide – WSJ
- 09:11 CET Areva-Siemens raises claim to $4.4 billion over Finnish reactor…
- 07:48 CET India’s finance minister favours interest rate cut – paper
- 07:34 CET China’s auto market growth may halve to 7 percent this year -…