Croatian coastguards have intercepted a small boat in the Adriatic and rescued 65 illegal immigrants on board.
The vessel was heading for Italy from Greece when its engine failed in international waters several days before being spotted.
The passengers, from Somalia, Egypt, Syria and Afghanistan are being taken to Dubrovnik.
- 1Dozens are killed and wounded in multiple suicide bomb attacks on Istanbul’s Ataturk airport
- 2Suspected ISIL bombers kill 36 and wound dozens at Istanbul airport
- 3Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 4Terror in Turkey: attack at Ataturk airport leaves 41 dead and scores injured
- 5Feisty Farage tells MEPs ‘You’re not laughing now’
Wires > News
- 16:11 CET North Korean assembly awards leader Kim Jong Un fresh title
- 16:09 CET India arrests five suspected of plotting Islamic State attacks
- 15:56 CET Poland reiterates NATO should uphold open-door policy
- 15:47 CET In Istanbul airport’s swift reopening some see resilience, others…
- 15:43 CET U.N.-backed Yemen peace talks adjourn until July 15 – envoy
- 15:19 CET Italy’s Renzi says Spain, Portugal risk EU deficit sanctions
- 15:17 CET Hungary will not relent on migration policy – PM Orban
- 15:04 CET Serb national jailed for 13 years in Kosovo on terrorism charges