25/06/12 03:43 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Happy and relieved Italian football fans emerge from the stadium in Kiev after beating England on penalties.
With England known for being serial shootout loosers it was little surprise that Italy triumphed when it came to the dreaded test of nerve.
Now the semi finalists are sorted, several Italian and Spanish supporters appeared not to be worried about taking on Germany and Portugal, if fact a couple of them predicted an Italy – Spain final.
But for England fans it was a bitter defeat:
“England had a better defence. Italy were better going forward. They cancelled each other out. It went to penalties. It’s fifty-fifty then,” said one supporter before he set off on his long trip home.
Reporting for euronews, Sergio Cantone said:
“The Italians are totally convinced that they will win this Euro and that they’ll beat Germany who they meet next…We’ll have to wait and see!”
Wires > News
- 23:34 CET Could Brexit vote be a preview of U.S. presidential race?
- 22:21 CET Venezuela dialogue could open way for international help – …
- 22:04 CET Turkey warns of rising European xenophobia after Brexit vote
- 21:48 CET After Brexit, what? U.S. secessionists hankering for ‘Texit’
- 21:36 CET U.S. strikes Afghan Taliban targets, in debut of broader role
- 21:28 CET Hezbollah to send more fighters to Syria’s Aleppo
- 20:24 CET For Donald Trump, going on about golf is par for the course
- 20:21 CET France says new Europe needed after Brexit ‘explosive shock’