Italy have reached the semi-finals of the European championships for the first time since 2000 after beating England 4-2 on penalties in Kiev.
England survived wave after wave of attack from the Italians, who apart from the first five minutes of the match dominated regulation and added time which ended in a goalless stalemate.
Ashley Young and Ashley Cole both failed to convert from the spot leaving Alessandro Diamanti to hit home the winning penalty and send the Azzurri through.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 9Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11Latest News Bulletin
- 12BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20The Pluto flyby : what we’ve learnt so far
Wires > Sport
- 16:58 CET West Ham’s Valencia out for up to 12 weeks
- 16:13 CET Rio water quality on agenda as IOC leaves for Brazil
- 15:47 CET Some extreme doping test results show athletes’ health at risk -…
- 15:34 CET Deulofeu likely to miss first game of season, Martinez says
- 15:32 CET Wickham joins Palace from Sunderland
- 14:47 CET Leicester sign midfielder Kante from Caen
- 14:06 CET Austin likely to move, says QPR manager
- 13:56 CET Insight – Daily fantasy sports land in gambling industry crosshairs