Tens of thousands of Iranians gathered on the outskirts of Paris for a meeting of the opposition movement, the National Council of Resistance of Iran.
Organisers said that more than a thousand buses arrived bringing Iranians from all over Europe to call for political change. The leader of the French-based movement, Maryam Rajavi, said the West must stop appeasing the regime.
“The greatest societies and far reaching imaginations could provoke entire movements and take them further. They break down barriers and achieve the impossible, allowing them to be victorious,” she said.
Rajavi also accused the United States of dragging its heels on to removing her group from its terrorist list. Among the guests were former US Senator Robert Torricelli, joined by former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani who said progress could only be made with regime change in Iran.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Most Istanbul blast victims ‘were German’, says Turkey
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 6Partnering to grow Europe
- 7Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 8Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 9Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 11Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 12‘National’ funeral for Celine Dion’s husband ‘over the top’
- 13Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 14International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 15Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 16latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 18Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 20world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
Wires > News
- 09:22 CET North Korea says to freeze assets of South Korean firms at Kaesong
- 09:20 CET Exclusive – Australia directed officials how to address Nauru…
- 09:11 CET Dozens face riot charges over Hong Kong Lunar New Year violence
- 08:57 CET Thailand’s ‘sea gypsies’ fight for access to ancestral shrines
- 08:54 CET Bangladesh upholds death sentences over 2004 attack on British…
- 08:45 CET Greek navy helicopter crashes in Aegean, killing three
- 08:43 CET Angola says 37 dead in yellow fever outbreak
- 07:59 CET Australian looks set for climate sceptic deputy PM