One of the eternal city’s most famous monuments is in need of major restoration.
Over the weekend decorative laurels fell from Rome’s Trevi Fountain.
Restoration engineers believe the damage was caused by water infiltration due to recent snowfall in the Italian capital.
Rome wants cash put aside to help protect the landmark from any further deterioration.
Wires > News
- 17:03 CET Japan puts military on alert for possible North Korea missile…
- 16:48 CET Turkey’s Erdogan – No Muslim family should engage in birth control
- 16:36 CET Big cats removed from Thailand’s infamous Tiger Temple
- 16:35 CET Brother of Paris attacker on trial over militant training
- 16:20 CET Bodies of U.S. climbers left on Tibetan peak out of respect
- 16:16 CET Mauritius ramps up security after gunshots fired on French embassy
- 15:53 CET Former Chad president Habre found guilty of crimes against humanity
- 15:49 CET Four people killed in flooding and storms in southwestern Germany