Director Benh Zeitlin has won the Camera d’Or – Golden Camera prize – at the Cannes Film Festival.
His film Beasts Of The Southern Wild is set and filmed in Louisiana. It is centred around six-year-old Hushpuppy, her father Wink and their life in the ‘Bathtub’ – an isolated community, on the edge of a southern delta.
Speaking to euronews, he said filming the movie had been like “running a marathon”.
- 1Life’s a beach in Batumi, Georgia’s top Black Sea resort
- 2DJ Black Coffee brings unique house blend to summer festivals
- 3Postcards from Kazakhstan: Astana’s emblematic tree of life
- 4Marvel Studios’ ‘Ant-Man’ hits the big screen this summer
- 5‘Amy’ the haunting documentary of a vulnerable soul singer
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 7Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 8Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 9Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 10Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 13NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 14Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 15Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?