Director Benh Zeitlin has won the Camera d’Or – Golden Camera prize – at the Cannes Film Festival.
His film Beasts Of The Southern Wild is set and filmed in Louisiana. It is centred around six-year-old Hushpuppy, her father Wink and their life in the ‘Bathtub’ – an isolated community, on the edge of a southern delta.
Speaking to euronews, he said filming the movie had been like “running a marathon”.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 11BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 12Latest News Bulletin
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
latest cinema news
A conversation with Michel Ciment, film critic and chief editor of French film magazine “Positif”
Top animators collaborate on Kahlil Gibran’s ‘The Prophet’
‘La Isla Minima’ superbly crafted drama is a Goya galático
Venice announces starry Lido line-up
‘Pennies’: A story of Palestinian child beggars