Director Benh Zeitlin has won the Camera d’Or – Golden Camera prize – at the Cannes Film Festival.
His film Beasts Of The Southern Wild is set and filmed in Louisiana. It is centred around six-year-old Hushpuppy, her father Wink and their life in the ‘Bathtub’ – an isolated community, on the edge of a southern delta.
Speaking to euronews, he said filming the movie had been like “running a marathon”.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians | euronews, world news
- 2Ellen MacArthur: making waves on a journey to a circular economy | euronews, the global conversation
- 3Air Algerie loses contact with plane from Ouagadougou to Algiers | euronews, world news
- 4Putin T-Shirts flying off the shelves at Moscow megastore | euronews, world news
- 5Everything you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 6Massive Swedish forest fire is declared a national emergency | euronews, world news
- 7Portugal hopes to become a pensioner’s paradise with zero tax offer | euronews, reporter
- 8Beyond the subconscious | euronews, futuris
- 9Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Arseniy Yatsenyuk | euronews, interview
- 10Iceland warns Europe’s airlines of possible volcanic eruption | euronews, world news
- 11Malta opera star Joseph Calleja’s summer concert draws big crowd | euronews, le mag
- 12Risk of fresh ash cloud threatens European air travel | euronews, world news
- 13Poland wants compensation from the EU for Russian import ban | euronews, world news
- 14Man, 27, fails in suicide bid after tigers reject chance to eat him | euronews, world news
- 15Romania buys into bitcoin big time | euronews, corporate
- 16Hong Kong gets smart on mobility | euronews, urban visions
- 17A robot that grows | euronews, futuris
- 18EU’s Russia sanctions doing more harm than good says Hungary’s PM Orban | euronews, world news
- 19Turkey’s women have the last laugh | euronews, world news
- 20Greek farmers suffer in economic war between Russia and EU | euronews, economy