It was considered to be one of the most stable countries in Africa, but in recent months, Mali has been rocked by a military coup.
Islamist rebels and Touareg separatists are two factors causing an increase in refugees from Mali.
euronews speaks to world famous Malian singers, and ambassadors of the World Food Program, Amadou and Mariam in Close Up.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Chaos or cohesion: how will Europe respond to a major terror attack?
- 2Europe’s sex slave shame: is enough being done to fight human trafficking?
- 3EU Commission speaks on ambitious investment plan ahead of key summit
- 4Belgium bids to bring energy and internet projects online with EU boost
- 5Why isn’t Norway in the EU?
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 3What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 4Watch: Passengers ‘push-start’ frozen plane in Siberia | euronews, world news
- 5Le Pen: I admire ‘cool head’ Putin’s resistance to West’s new Cold War | euronews, interview
- 6European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 7Which countries in Europe cause the most air pollution damage? | euronews, world news
- 8McCain blasts Europe’s approach to Ukraine conflict ‘a joke’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 9Moldova pro-EU parties take narrow lead in elections | euronews, world news
- 10NATO joins search for ‘Russian submarine’ off Scottish coast | euronews, world news
- 11Ukraine reports accident at Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant | euronews, world news
- 12Grenoble: Europe’s first ad-free city | euronews, world news
- 13Crude awakening: Romania’s Black Sea oil and gas finds fuel Europe’s energy hopes | euronews, reporter
- 14European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 15The American Century comes to an end as China becomes the world’s largest economy | euronews, economy
- 16Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania | euronews, world news
- 17Israeli warplanes hit targets in Syria | euronews, world news
- 18Germans demand honour for Turkish woman beaten to death | euronews, world news
- 19Obama’s ‘risky’ immigration gamble | euronews, world news
- 20Chechen ‘death’ unit fighting with rebels in eastern Ukraine | euronews, world news