Water, water everywhere… but most of it is not fit to drink. Around one billion people do not have access to clean water.
Untreated or undertreated sewage not only threatens our health but contaminates water sources and the oceans.
The main sources of pollution are high amounts of nitrates and phosphates from wastewater and agricultural run-off.
Dutch scientists have developed a new water purification technology. The plant, in Epe in the Netherlands, has a new and innovative sewage treatment system.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 3Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 4Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 5British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 6Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 7Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 8International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 9European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 10How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 11Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 12Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 13Emma Watson threatened with naked photos leak after UN equality speech | euronews, world news
- 14Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 15Mike Tyson: ‘You learn humbleness when you get older in life’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 16US delivers technical aid to Ukraine but warns over security | euronews, world news
- 17euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 18Global warming to ‘cause 250,000 extra deaths a year’ | euronews, world news
- 19All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 20International news | euronews, latest international news