Water, water everywhere… but most of it is not fit to drink. Around one billion people do not have access to clean water.
Untreated or undertreated sewage not only threatens our health but contaminates water sources and the oceans.
The main sources of pollution are high amounts of nitrates and phosphates from wastewater and agricultural run-off.
Dutch scientists have developed a new water purification technology. The plant, in Epe in the Netherlands, has a new and innovative sewage treatment system.
- 1Robot tries to unlock Giza pyramid’s secrets
- 2Do you know: is plastic packaging bad for your health?
- 3Italy’s army bringing down the cost of getting high on medical marijuana
- 4Supergrass: harvesting the energy potential of riverbank plants
- 5Retreating ice reveals climate secrets on Qori Kalis glacier
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 8Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 9Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 10Latest News Bulletin
- 11International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 12BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union