Water, water everywhere… but most of it is not fit to drink. Around one billion people do not have access to clean water.
Untreated or undertreated sewage not only threatens our health but contaminates water sources and the oceans.
The main sources of pollution are high amounts of nitrates and phosphates from wastewater and agricultural run-off.
Dutch scientists have developed a new water purification technology. The plant, in Epe in the Netherlands, has a new and innovative sewage treatment system.
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 4Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 5The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 6Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 7French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 8Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 9Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 10International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 11Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 12ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 13International news | euronews, latest international news
- 14eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 15Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 16Indonesia executes five foreigners despite protest | euronews, world news
- 17French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 18International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 19Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
- 20Energy-generating clothes and smart lights join the Internet of Things | euronews, hi-tech