Water, water everywhere… but most of it is not fit to drink. Around one billion people do not have access to clean water.
Untreated or undertreated sewage not only threatens our health but contaminates water sources and the oceans.
The main sources of pollution are high amounts of nitrates and phosphates from wastewater and agricultural run-off.
Dutch scientists have developed a new water purification technology. The plant, in Epe in the Netherlands, has a new and innovative sewage treatment system.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians | euronews, world news
- 2Ellen MacArthur: making waves on a journey to a circular economy | euronews, the global conversation
- 3Air Algerie loses contact with plane from Ouagadougou to Algiers | euronews, world news
- 4Putin T-Shirts flying off the shelves at Moscow megastore | euronews, world news
- 5Malta opera star Joseph Calleja’s summer concert draws big crowd | euronews, le mag
- 6Moscow claims Ukrainian jet flew close to Malaysian airliner | euronews, world news
- 7Everything you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 8Massive Swedish forest fire is declared a national emergency | euronews, world news
- 9Hong Kong gets smart on mobility | euronews, urban visions
- 10Portugal hopes to become a pensioner’s paradise with zero tax offer | euronews, reporter
- 11Beyond the subconscious | euronews, futuris
- 12Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Arseniy Yatsenyuk | euronews, interview
- 13Romania buys into bitcoin big time | euronews, corporate
- 14Poland wants compensation from the EU for Russian import ban | euronews, world news
- 15A robot that grows | euronews, futuris
- 16EU’s Russia sanctions doing more harm than good says Hungary’s PM Orban | euronews, world news
- 17Iceland warns Europe’s airlines of possible volcanic eruption | euronews, world news
- 18Turkey’s women have the last laugh | euronews, world news
- 19Greek farmers suffer in economic war between Russia and EU | euronews, economy
- 20Man, 27, fails in suicide bid after tigers reject chance to eat him | euronews, world news