The United Nations nuclear watchdog has opened a third round of talks with Iran over its disputed nuclear programme by pressing Tehran to grant inspectors access to key sites.
The two-day meeting in Vienna comes despite previous refusals to allow entry to the Parchin military base, which the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) believes could be a centre for nuclear weapons research.
As he went into the meeting, IAEA Deputy Director-General and chief UN nuclear inspector Hermann Nackaerts told reporters: “The aim of our two days of talks is to reach an agreement on the approach to resolve all outstanding issues with Iran, in particular, the clarification of the possible military dimensions remains our priority.”
An IAEA report cited foreign intelligence that suggested that the Parchin facility had been used to conduct explosives tests in what they think was a pressure chamber.
In recent weeks, the US and Israel have stepped up the pressure on Iran over its nuclear programme which Tehran says is being developed for peaceful purposes. Washington has refused to rule out a military strike.
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmedinejad says his country will not “yield an inch over its fundamental right” to nuclear capabilities.
Iran is also set for wider talks with several nuclear powers in Baghdad next week.
- 1Death toll after Nepal earthquake climbs to more than 1,900
- 2Russian pro-Putin bikers set off on controversial “Victory Ride” to Berlin
- 3Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist
- 4Fire and brimstone show EU deal is close, Varoufakis tells euronews
- 5Nepal earthquake: aid offers pour in as death toll climbs by the minute
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist
- 2Unverified video appears to show ISIL killing of 30 Ethiopian Christians
- 3US Navy deploys two more warships near Yemen as conflict escalates
- 4Ethiopia: Clashes at rally to mourn Christians killed by ISIL in Libya
- 5Fire and brimstone show EU deal is close, Varoufakis tells euronews
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 4Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 5The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 6Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 7French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 8Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 9Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 10International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 11Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 12ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 13International news | euronews, latest international news
- 14eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 15Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 16Indonesia executes five foreigners despite protest | euronews, world news
- 17French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 18International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 19Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
- 20Energy-generating clothes and smart lights join the Internet of Things | euronews, hi-tech
Wires > News
- 11:25 CET Nepalese dig for quake survivors as toll exceeds 2,200, big…
- 06:58 CET Obama pokes fun at political friends and foes at White House dinner
- 06:40 CET U.S. official denies report of Islamic State plot in California
- 05:44 CET Exclusive – “Forced to captain migrant boat at gunpoint”
- 01:30 CET Russian hackers read Obama’s unclassified emails last year – NYT
- 00:33 CET Two Swedes abducted by Nusfra Front in Syria freed – TT news agency
- 23:31 CET Israeli forces kill two knife-wielding Palestinians – police
- 21:46 CET Migrant rescue mission must extend closer to Libya – Amnesty…