Protests took place outside several tax collection offices in Italy on Friday after a crackdown on tax evasion.
Police clashed with demonstrators near one office in the city of Naples. Two officers were injured.
The protests come after a wave of suicides by owners of small businesses, who were unable to pay their taxes.
- 1Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 2Denmark extends controls on German border, EU set to allow more Schengen exceptions
- 3Three Earth-like planets found outside the Solar System
- 4Palestinians condemn Eurovision Song Contest for flag ban
- 5Rebels launch surprise attack on Aleppo – Syrian state TV
Wires > News
- 15:06 CET U.S. says it, allies to do more to combat Islamic State
- 15:05 CET EU proposes scheme to share out asylum seekers
- 14:57 CET Wildfire destroys homes in Canadian city; delays hit evacuation
- 14:54 CET South Africa’s EFF party ejected from parliament ahead of Zuma…
- 14:44 CET Beijing’s top paper reminds Taiwan’s new leader there’s just ‘one…
- 14:39 CET Syria withholds aid to 900,000, risks new siege in Aleppo – U.N.
- 14:23 CET Russia says will respond to NATO deployment in Poland, Baltics
- 14:10 CET Turkey’s pro-Kurdish opposition says lifting immunity will bring…