Searchers for a Russian passenger jet which went missing on a demonstration flight in Indonesia
have found wreckage strewn across the edge of a cliff at around 5,000 feet.
There has been no word about survivors. The new Sukhoi Superjet had up to 50 people on board.
The plane disappeared from radar screens shortly after it was passing over Indonesia’s main island of West Java.
An accident investigation has been launched
Latest world news
Berlin and Vienna pressure Rome to take responsibility for migrants
South African court paves way for Zuma to face renewed corruption charges
At least 11 passengers killed in Norwegian helicopter crash
Angry protest outside Trump rally in California
‘A new game, a final’: UEFA’s Platini makes last appeal against six-year ban
Wires > News
- 17:19 CET North Korea sentences Korean American to 10 years hard labour
- 17:17 CET U.N. demands restoration of Western Sahara mission’s full…
- 17:10 CET China denies request for Hong Kong visit by U.S. carrier group -…
- 17:08 CET Saudi builder Binladin terminates 50,000 jobs – newspaper
- 17:05 CET All 13 people presumed dead in Norway helicopter crash – reports
- 16:34 CET Finnish NATO membership would lead to crisis with Russia -…
- 16:26 CET Iran moderates eye more gains in run-off parliamentary election
- 16:24 CET Policeman wounded in Saudi roadside bomb attack – SPA agency