Searchers for a Russian passenger jet which went missing on a demonstration flight in Indonesia
have found wreckage strewn across the edge of a cliff at around 5,000 feet.
There has been no word about survivors. The new Sukhoi Superjet had up to 50 people on board.
The plane disappeared from radar screens shortly after it was passing over Indonesia’s main island of West Java.
An accident investigation has been launched
Wires > News
- 09:32 CET Tropical Storm Bonnie bears down on South Carolina coast
- 09:31 CET First tropical storm of year to threaten U.S. heads for South…
- 07:09 CET France’s Sapin says government will stand firm on labour reform
- 05:34 CET Vintage plane crashed in Hudson River during emergency landing -…
- 04:15 CET Clashes between Islamic State, Syria rebels kill dozens near…
- 03:38 CET Cincinnati gorilla killed after boy falls into zoo enclosure
- 01:10 CET Niger says kills 12 Boko Haram fighters in gun battle
- 23:27 CET Canada’s Trudeau defends assisted suicide bill as deadline nears