One of the big winners in the Greek election was the far-right Golden Dawn.
It passed the three per cent barrier guaranteeing parliamentary participation, and will be the first neo-Nazi formation in the Greek parliament since 1974.
Among other things it wants to expel immigrants and mine the border with Turkey.
Golden Dawn leader Nikolaos Micholiakos said:
“The Greeks were anytime nationalists and now they have the chance to express their political stand. Nobody need fear me if he is a good Greek citizen, for everyone who is a traitor I do not care.”
Wires > News
- 16:46 CET Between 700-900 migrants may have died at sea this week – NGOs
- 15:29 CET Iran says its pilgrims will not attend haj in Saudi Arabia
- 15:25 CET Merkel, Hollande together mark 100 years since Verdun battle
- 14:15 CET Uganda to halt military, security ties with North Korea – South…
- 13:57 CET Nigerian president says ‘resolved’ to keep naira steady, supports…
- 13:46 CET U.S.-led coalition troops seen near front line in new Iraq…
- 13:35 CET Jordan’s King Abdullah appoints PM to oversee parliament elections…
- 12:41 CET Nineteen people rescued from English Channel – coastguard