Israel has started building a wall along a stretch of its border with Lebanon.
It says the barrier is needed to bolster security in one of its frontier towns.
An Israeli security fence already runs along the entire border line.
The one-kilometre-long cement wall is being constructed between the Israeli town of Metulla and the Lebanese village of Kila.
According to the Israeli military, the work has been coordinated with UN peacekeepers and the Lebanese Army.
Israel is also constructing a fence in the south, along its border with Egypt’s Sinai desert.
It already has a barrier running through the occupied West Bank, which has been deemed illegal by the World Court in the Hague.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1International investigators reach MH17 crash site in Ukraine
- 2Rosetta the comet hunter arrives at its target
- 3Ukrainian prime minister’s triumphant speech after resignation rejected
- 4Fresh Israeli shelling hits UN school injuring scores of children
- 5#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 1Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
- 2Scientists baffled by two new holes discovered in Siberia
- 3Russia defiant in face of tough EU-US sanctions
- 4#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 5Gaza: Deaths at Jebalya school after Israeli strike
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Air Algerie plane ‘crashes’ over Sahara
- 3Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Arseniy Yatsenyuk
- 4Ukraine: ‘Disappointment’ at Yatsenyuk resignation
- 5Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
Wires > News
- 02:07 CET For wandering tankers with $300 million of Kurdish crude, end-game…
- 01:55 CET Sudanese woman who had faced execution for conversion arrives in…
- 00:47 CET Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729
- 00:15 CET Taiwan gas blast kills 15, injures 243 – local media
- 00:01 CET Iraqi Kurds, battling Islamist threat, press Washington for arms
- 23:11 CET Game of thrones- Afghan leadership vacuum raises summit questions
- 20:00 CET Ukraine premier stays on, envoys agree on crash site route
- 19:29 CET Russia’s top general says Moscow committed to nuclear missile…