Israel has started building a wall along a stretch of its border with Lebanon.
It says the barrier is needed to bolster security in one of its frontier towns.
An Israeli security fence already runs along the entire border line.
The one-kilometre-long cement wall is being constructed between the Israeli town of Metulla and the Lebanese village of Kila.
According to the Israeli military, the work has been coordinated with UN peacekeepers and the Lebanese Army.
Israel is also constructing a fence in the south, along its border with Egypt’s Sinai desert.
It already has a barrier running through the occupied West Bank, which has been deemed illegal by the World Court in the Hague.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Russia: Putin scraps New Year’s holiday for ministers
- 2Ukraine: prisoner swap between Kyiv government and rebel groups confirmed
- 3Bosnians ‘protest’ march to EU border looking for new jobs
- 4XBox and Playstation gamers face connectivity problems amid hacking claims
- 5Ukraine crisis: Peace talks cancelled in Minsk
- 1ISIL fighters ‘flee’ Iraq’s Sinjar as Peshmerga troops ‘make gains’
- 2Pakistanis protest against Taliban as army intensifies offensive in north-west
- 3‘Allahu Akbar’ lone wolf attacker shot dead by French police
- 4Who is the EU’s worst at spending Brussels’ billions?
- 5New Romanian President Klaus Iohannis vows to tackle corruption
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Le Pen: I admire ‘cool head’ Putin’s resistance to West’s new Cold War | euronews, interview
- 3Watch: Passengers ‘push-start’ frozen plane in Siberia | euronews, world news
- 4McCain blasts Europe’s approach to Ukraine conflict ‘a joke’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 5Which countries in Europe cause the most air pollution damage? | euronews, world news
- 6Moldova pro-EU parties take narrow lead in elections | euronews, world news
- 7Grenoble: Europe’s first ad-free city | euronews, world news
- 8NATO joins search for ‘Russian submarine’ off Scottish coast | euronews, world news
- 9Crude awakening: Romania’s Black Sea oil and gas finds fuel Europe’s energy hopes | euronews, reporter
- 10Ukraine reports accident at Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant | euronews, world news
- 11The American Century comes to an end as China becomes the world’s largest economy | euronews, economy
- 12European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 13Belgium’s former queen Fabiola dies at 86 | euronews, world news
- 14Germans demand honour for Turkish woman beaten to death | euronews, world news
- 15Chechen ‘death’ unit fighting with rebels in eastern Ukraine | euronews, world news
- 16Pakistan Taliban ‘kill over 100’ in Peshawar school attack | euronews, world news
- 17International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 18Israeli warplanes hit targets in Syria | euronews, world news
- 19Raids across Turkey target media outlets linked to Erdogan foe Fethullah Gulen | euronews, world news
- 20Catalonia announces new ‘independence plan’ | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 14:57 CET Kosovo police arrests terrorism suspect: interior minister
- 14:21 CET Russia’s Putin signs new military doctrine
- 14:20 CET Kiev and rebels to exchange hundreds of prisoners soon – security…
- 14:19 CET Fire at storage tank at Libya’s Es Sider port has spread to more…
- 13:00 CET China raises Nepal aid five-fold in regional diplomacy push
- 12:44 CET Turkish boy arrested for insulting Erdogan is freed pending trial…
- 12:35 CET Myanmar’s Suu Kyi says wants West to spur reform not reimpose…
- 11:54 CET Chinese leadership offers support for Hong Kong leader