The world’s oldest recorded man has been celebrating his 115th birthday.
Jiroemon Kimura, who lives in Kyoto in Japan, was joined by family and friends to mark the very special day.
Born on 19 April 1897, Kimura is also said to be the third oldest man ever recorded.
“Maybe it’s all thanks to the sun above me,” Kimura said.
Wires > News
- 07:34 CET China, Russia urge U.S. to drop Korea missile defence proposal
- 06:33 CET Iran holds run-off parliamentary election – state TV
- 06:15 CET Shanghai Hongqiao airport fire put out, two dead – state TV
- 06:07 CET North Korea sentences Korean American to 10 years hard labour -…
- 05:54 CET Japan’s corpse hotels upset some of the neighbours
- 01:43 CET Brazil’s Temer says a new government would focus on growth – TV
- 01:37 CET Mexico investigates top crime fighter over missing 43 students case
- 01:03 CET Former Nazi guard expected to break silence at German trial