The world’s oldest recorded man has been celebrating his 115th birthday.
Jiroemon Kimura, who lives in Kyoto in Japan, was joined by family and friends to mark the very special day.
Born on 19 April 1897, Kimura is also said to be the third oldest man ever recorded.
“Maybe it’s all thanks to the sun above me,” Kimura said.
- 1The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 2A handshake, a kiss and a hug at historic meeting of Catholic and Muslim leaders
- 3Missing EgyptAir flight made no “swerves” before crashing – Cairo
- 4French union blockades spark petrol shortages
- 5Austria’s president-elect talks of uniting his divided country
- 1EgyptAir crash: airline says Flight MS804 wreckage found
- 2Venezuela economy fractured with shortages of essentials across the country
- 3The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 4Crimean Tatars look for Eurovision boost on day of national tragedy
- 5Kazakh police break up anti-government protests
Latest world news
EgyptAir crash: ‘suggestion of explosion on board,’ says Egyptian forensic official
Iran appoints hardliner Ahmad Jannati to lead powerful assembly
Obama ‘significantly concerned’ about civil liberties in Vietnam
Greece begins evacuation of Idomeni refugee camp
Brazil in crisis after leaked tape forces out interim President’s ally
Wires > News
- 13:09 CET French police break up refinery blockade in anti-reform showdown
- 13:08 CET Israel resumes cement shipments for private Gaza reconstruction…
- 13:00 CET Greece starts moving migrants camped at border to state facilities
- 12:59 CET Cyprus president cuts short Turkey trip after protocol row
- 12:55 CET Surge in eastern fighting kills seven Ukrainian soldiers – official
- 12:49 CET Thai blaze victim, 10, ‘called for her mum and dad until voice was…
- 12:39 CET EU executive gives Poland more time in rule of law probe
- 12:38 CET Iraq forces shell Falluja for second day; U.N. concerned for…