Carolina Herrera is giving next year’s spring brides no fewer than 22 options for virtually every type of wedding.
Her show in New York was inspired by a recent Cecil Beaton exhibition in London and her dresses included silky satin and detailed embroidery.
The veteran designer said wedding-wear has never been about fads and fashions, saying each bride should be true to her personal style.
“I think they should be sure what they want to wear. It’s not what they are told to wear because they are the ones who have to feel well and they have to look radiant, and they have to feel confident about themselves,” she said.
The Pakistan fashion world has also been focusing on tying the know with a Bridal Couture Week in the eastern style.
The grand finale in Karachi featured collections by five designers including Tabassum Mughal who presented a fusion of East and West and of Victorian and Mughal style.
She said: “Basically my collection was really royal and very maharani type this time. Initially I showed the mixture of Eastern and Western, then we also had mix of Victorian and Mughal Empire together, then motives from Islamic architecture, from different Mughal eras we took out a lot of things.”
Nineteen designers and labels from Pakistan and India took part in the three day event in Karachi, a reflection of the importance of bridal-wear in the region. Wedding dresses are believed to be the largest single market in Pakistani fashion.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Why World Elephant Day matters
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 9UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 10Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 11Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 12ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 13Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 14Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 15International news | euronews, latest international news
- 16Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 17As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 18Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid