Carolina Herrera is giving next year’s spring brides no fewer than 22 options for virtually every type of wedding.
Her show in New York was inspired by a recent Cecil Beaton exhibition in London and her dresses included silky satin and detailed embroidery.
The veteran designer said wedding-wear has never been about fads and fashions, saying each bride should be true to her personal style.
“I think they should be sure what they want to wear. It’s not what they are told to wear because they are the ones who have to feel well and they have to look radiant, and they have to feel confident about themselves,” she said.
The Pakistan fashion world has also been focusing on tying the know with a Bridal Couture Week in the eastern style.
The grand finale in Karachi featured collections by five designers including Tabassum Mughal who presented a fusion of East and West and of Victorian and Mughal style.
She said: “Basically my collection was really royal and very maharani type this time. Initially I showed the mixture of Eastern and Western, then we also had mix of Victorian and Mughal Empire together, then motives from Islamic architecture, from different Mughal eras we took out a lot of things.”
Nineteen designers and labels from Pakistan and India took part in the three day event in Karachi, a reflection of the importance of bridal-wear in the region. Wedding dresses are believed to be the largest single market in Pakistani fashion.
- 114-year-old model reignites underage catwalk controversy
- 2The epic race to the South Pole on the operatic stage
- 3Postcards from Uzbekistan: The Ak-Saray Palace, Shakhrisabz
- 4Russia’s Pussy Riot mocks prosecutor general Yury Chaika in new video
- 5Coldplay in hot water for using Indian culture in video
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 4Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 5Partnering to grow Europe
- 6Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 7Turkey: Explosion hits Istanbul’s main tourist district
- 8Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 9Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 10Macedonian Postcards: The Mavrovo National Park
- 11Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 12Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 13latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 14Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 15Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 16Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 17Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 18Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 19International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 20Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news