Carolina Herrera is giving next year’s spring brides no fewer than 22 options for virtually every type of wedding.
Her show in New York was inspired by a recent Cecil Beaton exhibition in London and her dresses included silky satin and detailed embroidery.
The veteran designer said wedding-wear has never been about fads and fashions, saying each bride should be true to her personal style.
“I think they should be sure what they want to wear. It’s not what they are told to wear because they are the ones who have to feel well and they have to look radiant, and they have to feel confident about themselves,” she said.
The Pakistan fashion world has also been focusing on tying the know with a Bridal Couture Week in the eastern style.
The grand finale in Karachi featured collections by five designers including Tabassum Mughal who presented a fusion of East and West and of Victorian and Mughal style.
She said: “Basically my collection was really royal and very maharani type this time. Initially I showed the mixture of Eastern and Western, then we also had mix of Victorian and Mughal Empire together, then motives from Islamic architecture, from different Mughal eras we took out a lot of things.”
Nineteen designers and labels from Pakistan and India took part in the three day event in Karachi, a reflection of the importance of bridal-wear in the region. Wedding dresses are believed to be the largest single market in Pakistani fashion.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 6Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 7Turkey: Explosion hits Istanbul’s main tourist district
- 8Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 9Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Partnering to grow Europe
- 11Macedonian Postcards: The Mavrovo National Park
- 12Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 13Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 14Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 15Brussels remains on high alert: ‘multiple operations underway’ across Belgium
- 16Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 18smart care - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 20Meet Bernie Sanders, the democratic socialist who wants to be US president
latest le mag news
Russia’s Pussy Riot mocks prosecutor general Yury Chaika in new video
Maverick fashion designer John Varvatos: ‘Is rock dead?‘
Rachel Platten takes ‘Wildfire’ on tour
Jonathan Yeo adopts actress Cara Delevingne for new exhibition
Coldplay in hot water for using Indian culture in video