It is 100 days until the start of the Olympic Games in London and organisers are feeling confident after an endorsement from the chairman International Olympic Committee commission. Denis Oswald announced “London is ready to welcome the world” last month.
Rapid work is also be carried out to logistically prepare the capital for an estimated five million extra visitors.
“It is very important that we remember that this is a celebration and the city will look different. It will be different, getting about it will be different, but we will do everything we possibly can to make sure that it works for those that are involved in the Games and those that aren’t involved in the Games,” said Chairman of London Games Sebastian Coe.
Upgrading the oldest underground transport system in the world is a priority and an Olympic Route Network (ORN) will be used on the roads to get athletes to events on time.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Italian village up for sale on eBay
- 2Palestinian authorities prepare to repel a potential Israeli ground assault
- 3Conference in Washington slams Beijing’s aggression in South China Sea
- 4Ukraine: Separatists vow to fight until the end as Donetsk showdown nears
- 5Gaza mourns its dead as Israel cranks up its military build-up
- 1Amateur video shows two planes in ‘near miss’ at Barcelona airport
- 2NATO: Russia no longer a partner
- 3German intelligence employee arrested for spying for US
- 4Nigeria: new hope for families of 200 missing schoolgirls
- 5Rebels leave Ukrainian city of Slovyansk as Ukrainian president orders national flag to be raised
Wires > News
- 11:04 CET Gas explosion kills one, injures 30 in western Turkish city
- 11:00 CET Kerry, other diplomats focus on audit to resolve disputed Afghan…
- 10:04 CET Russia likely to prolong asylum for fugitive Snowden – Interfax
- 09:24 CET Attackers raid Kenya coast village, steal police guns
- 08:17 CET Philippines’ Aquino keeps budget chief amid corruption scandal
- 07:36 CET Digital warriors battle to get African games on phones
- 07:13 CET Kenya’s coastal killings pose insurgency risk for Kenyatta
- 06:24 CET Taliban sympathiser posts pictures of smiling Bowe Bergdahl