Cabaret, the musical is celebrating its 40th anniversary. The film based on the works of Christopher Isherwood, directed by Bob Fosse and with music by John Kander and Fred Ebb opened the Classic Film Festival in Los Angeles.
Oscar winning Liza Minnelli, who played the anarchic Sally Bowles says the film was more than just a musical: “What I do remember about the film is that a lot of people thought it was a frivolous musical. It’s not. It’s very interesting – about when the Nazis were taking over and Berlin was so divinely decadent.”
The 1972 film has taken over 40 million dollars at the box-office and picked up eight Academy Awards.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 3Latest News Bulletin
- 4At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 5Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 6[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 10Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 11Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 12Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 13Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 14Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 15[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
- 16Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
- 17Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
- 18Kicked down in Hungary, saved by Spain
- 19Catalan president Artur Mas charged with organising illegal independence referendum
- 20Hungary’s army can shoot rubber bullets and tear gas at refugees