Cabaret, the musical is celebrating its 40th anniversary. The film based on the works of Christopher Isherwood, directed by Bob Fosse and with music by John Kander and Fred Ebb opened the Classic Film Festival in Los Angeles.
Oscar winning Liza Minnelli, who played the anarchic Sally Bowles says the film was more than just a musical: “What I do remember about the film is that a lot of people thought it was a frivolous musical. It’s not. It’s very interesting – about when the Nazis were taking over and Berlin was so divinely decadent.”
The 1972 film has taken over 40 million dollars at the box-office and picked up eight Academy Awards.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8Egyptian billionaire offers to buy Mediterranean island to house refugees
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 11Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 12Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 13Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 14Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 15Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 16Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 17International news | euronews, latest international news
- 18Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 19What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 20[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections