Cabaret, the musical is celebrating its 40th anniversary. The film based on the works of Christopher Isherwood, directed by Bob Fosse and with music by John Kander and Fred Ebb opened the Classic Film Festival in Los Angeles.
Oscar winning Liza Minnelli, who played the anarchic Sally Bowles says the film was more than just a musical: “What I do remember about the film is that a lot of people thought it was a frivolous musical. It’s not. It’s very interesting – about when the Nazis were taking over and Berlin was so divinely decadent.”
The 1972 film has taken over 40 million dollars at the box-office and picked up eight Academy Awards.
- 1Dog Days at the Museum – Pooches become culture vultures
- 2Spectre vs Hunger Games: A first look at Autumn’s hottest releases
- 3Watch Me has the world in a ‘Whip’
- 4Paléo Festival marks 40th edition with icons like Ray Charles, Pharrell and Robbie Williams
- 5Nostalgia hits the road: Gipsy Kings and Culture Club kick off tours
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 8Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 9Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 10French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 11Latest News Bulletin
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 19Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 20Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum