Soldiers in Guinea Bissau are reported to have attacked the home of the front-runner in the African state’s presidential election.
Former Prime Minister, Carlos Gomes Junior, came close to an outright victory in the first round of voting last month, and a run-off had been set for April 29.
No president has completed their mandate in Guinea Bissau since multi-party elections began in 1994 while weak governance has made the country a haven for drug cartels.
Gomes Junior is unpopular with the military because he supports downsizing and reforming the bloated army.
Meanwhile his presidential challenger, Kumba Yala, says he will boycott the second round of voting over alleged first-round rigging.
Get a different perspective
Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.