Damien Hirst’s infamous Shark in Formaldehyde is on display once again, at his first major retrospective at the Tate Modern in London.
It helped propel the young British artist and the Britart set into the public eye in the early 1990s.
The exhibition features his early work, including the painted frying pans of his student days, up to pieces from 2009.
Hirst’s work polarises opinions. Some think he revitalised contemporary art in Britain while others hold him responsible for turning art into a commodity.
- 1Once Erasmus, forever Erasmus
- 2‘In the Crosswind’ – an historical reflection on the annexation of Crimea by Russia
- 3Natalia Osipova stars in the Royal Ballet’s production of “La Fille Mal Gardee”
- 4A replica of France’s Grotte Chauvet and its prehistoric art opens to the public
- 5Okean Elzy – rocking to reunite Ukraine
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 3[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 4Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 5French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 6International news | euronews, latest international news
- 7Why is Bulgaria the EU’s most unhappy country? | euronews, world news
- 8Greece’s claim for war reparations from Germany explained | euronews, world news
- 9Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 10eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 11International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 12ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 13Reaching new heights: Parents in India scale walls to ‘help students cheat’ | euronews, world news
- 14Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 15Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say? | euronews, world news
- 16French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 17Germany: Violence flares at anti-austerity protest against new ECB headquarters | euronews, world news
- 18European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 19[Live updates] France plane crash: damaged black box ‘can provide information’ | euronews, world news
- 20Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news