Damien Hirst’s infamous Shark in Formaldehyde is on display once again, at his first major retrospective at the Tate Modern in London.
It helped propel the young British artist and the Britart set into the public eye in the early 1990s.
The exhibition features his early work, including the painted frying pans of his student days, up to pieces from 2009.
Hirst’s work polarises opinions. Some think he revitalised contemporary art in Britain while others hold him responsible for turning art into a commodity.
- 1Life’s a beach in Batumi, Georgia’s top Black Sea resort
- 2DJ Black Coffee brings unique house blend to summer festivals
- 3Postcards from Kazakhstan: Astana’s emblematic tree of life
- 4Marvel Studios’ ‘Ant-Man’ hits the big screen this summer
- 5Dina El Wedidi: an Egyptian star born from the Arab Spring
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 7Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 8Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 9Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 10Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 13NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 14Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 15Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?