It could be the stuff of science fiction, or at least something that looks straight out of a James Bond film but one of the world’s first flying cars has just completed several test flights.
The personal air and land vehicle or PAL-V for short, has been developed in the Netherlands.
Its designers hope to put the machine into production very soon and stress how easy it will be to learn how to handle.
“A normal drivers licence. And for flying a personal or private pilot’s licence and that’s something you get in around 20 to 30 hours lessons. So it’s pretty easy in a gyrocopter. It’s a gyrocopter and that’s the easiest way of flying, also the safest way of flying,” explained PAL-V CEO Robert Dingemanse.
It has a top speed of around 180 kilometres an hour whether in the air or on the ground and it only needs a 165 metre stretch of tarmac or grass to take to the skies.
Although it will be a while before its commercially available, the fly/drive car looks set to make traffic jams a thing of the past for fortunate high fliers
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Russia sanctions threaten to rebound on EU
- 2Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
- 3#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 4Israeli strike kills 19 Palestinians near Gaza market
- 5India: entire village buried under massive mudslide
- 1Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
- 2Scientists baffled by two new holes discovered in Siberia
- 3Russia defiant in face of tough EU-US sanctions
- 4#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 5Gaza: Deaths at Jebalya school after Israeli strike
Wires > News
- 06:51 CET Some WTO members discussing customs deal without India – sources
- 05:17 CET El Salvador detains Spanish priest for smuggling cell phones into…
- 23:05 CET Drug-resistant malaria reaches Southeast Asia borders, could…
- 21:47 CET Hezbollah commander killed in Iraq-sources
- 21:07 CET Kerry presses India on global trade deal as deadline looms
- 20:14 CET Shi’ite militia hangs up 15 executed Sunnis in Iraqi square
- 19:50 CET U.S. blacklists North Korea shipping firms over arms shipments
- 18:01 CET South Korea president’s party wins vote, green light for economic…