Researchers at the Dutch Forensic Institute are about to test out the resistance of a new synthetic super-skin, which combines human cells with spider silk.
A .22 caliber bullet is fired at the sample.
The skin is unbroken and the test is declared a success.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 3What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 4Watch: Passengers ‘push-start’ frozen plane in Siberia | euronews, world news
- 5Le Pen: I admire ‘cool head’ Putin’s resistance to West’s new Cold War | euronews, interview
- 6European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 7McCain blasts Europe’s approach to Ukraine conflict ‘a joke’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 8Which countries in Europe cause the most air pollution damage? | euronews, world news
- 9Moldova pro-EU parties take narrow lead in elections | euronews, world news
- 10Grenoble: Europe’s first ad-free city | euronews, world news
- 11NATO joins search for ‘Russian submarine’ off Scottish coast | euronews, world news
- 12European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 13Obama’s ‘risky’ immigration gamble | euronews, world news
- 14Ukraine reports accident at Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant | euronews, world news
- 15Crude awakening: Romania’s Black Sea oil and gas finds fuel Europe’s energy hopes | euronews, reporter
- 16Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania | euronews, world news
- 17The American Century comes to an end as China becomes the world’s largest economy | euronews, economy
- 18Belgium’s former queen Fabiola dies at 86 | euronews, world news
- 19Germans demand honour for Turkish woman beaten to death | euronews, world news
- 20Chechen ‘death’ unit fighting with rebels in eastern Ukraine | euronews, world news