Austerity-hit Greeks are having less sex as a result of their country’s economic crisis.
Urologists in Athens surveyed six hundred men and women on their bedtime behaviours and found a link between belt-tightening and sex drive.
“Financial problems and sexual activity is connected because there’s a kind of depression, you don’t have money, you don’t have work you don’t see future in your life, these are depressive, melancholic feelings so this decreases sexual activity,” said Konstantino Konstantinidis, president of the Andrology Institute.
Thirty percent of those quizzed said the crisis had a big impact on their sex lives. Thirty-four percent of respondents felt their economic woes led to a decreased sexual appetite
The study by the Andrology Institute is conducted twice a year.
- 1Greek Prime Minister Tsipras confirms referendum, calls for Greeks to reject creditors’ proposal
- 2Time runs out: Greece misses 1.6 billion-euro IMF repayment
- 3Debt “dithering” sparks online bid to raise €1.6 billion to help Greece
- 4Greece’s eurozone future in balance as bailout expires
- 5Ukraine stops buying Russian gas over price row
- 1Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign
- 2Eurogroup ministers to discuss new Greece aid proposal
- 3Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 4The end of the road for Uber? Executives detained by French police
- 5Miss Universe turns ugly for Trump as US TV network cut ties with presidential candidate
Wires > News
- 22:27 CET Mexico supreme court judge urges states to legalize gay marriage
- 22:23 CET U.N. Security council blacklists six rival South Sudan generals
- 21:51 CET Exclusive – U.S., Venezuela launch quiet diplomacy to ease acrimony
- 21:32 CET More than 100 dead as militants, Egyptian army clash in North Sinai
- 20:58 CET U.S. NSA also spied on several German ministers, media reports say
- 20:51 CET Libyan PM hopes for agreement with rivals on Thursday
- 20:27 CET Britain, Russia at odds over UN Srebrenica genocide commemoration
- 20:15 CET Striking ferry workers to ease blockade of Calais port