In Chile a vigil has been held for a gay man who was brutally beaten to death by several suspected neo-Nazis. The case has prompted a national debate in the country over hate crimes and prompted moves for an ant-discrimination law.
Daniel Zamudio died 25 days after he was attacked.
Four suspects have been jailed on attempted murder charges.
Latest world news
Baghdad protesters leave Green Zone but vow to keep up pressure over corruption
National issues highlighted in Europe’s May Day rallies
From Jerusalem to Damascus to Moscow, Orthodox Christians celebrate Easter
Brussels airport departure hall reopens after terror attacks
Dozens killed in ISIL suicide blasts in southern Iraq
Wires > News
- 22:43 CET French far-right veteran Le Pen predicts daughter’s failure in…
- 21:49 CET Bomb attack in southeast Turkey wounds 10 troops, Kurdish…
- 21:47 CET Puerto Rico faces default as governor plans to address island
- 21:30 CET Yemen officials say peace talks suspended after Houthis seize base
- 21:28 CET Bergdahl defense can access classified information, court rules
- 21:16 CET Eyeing an Indiana victory, Trump says, ‘It’s over’
- 21:11 CET Connecticut governor honored for welcoming Syrian refugees
- 21:07 CET Cash-flush California GOP allows chairman to seek third term