In Chile a vigil has been held for a gay man who was brutally beaten to death by several suspected neo-Nazis. The case has prompted a national debate in the country over hate crimes and prompted moves for an ant-discrimination law.
Daniel Zamudio died 25 days after he was attacked.
Four suspects have been jailed on attempted murder charges.
Wires > News
- 03:19 CET Three Mexican federal police gunned down in market
- 23:34 CET Could Brexit vote be a preview of U.S. presidential race?
- 22:21 CET Venezuela dialogue could open way for international help – …
- 22:04 CET Turkey warns of rising European xenophobia after Brexit vote
- 21:48 CET After Brexit, what? U.S. secessionists hankering for ‘Texit’
- 21:36 CET U.S. strikes Afghan Taliban targets, in debut of broader role
- 21:28 CET Hezbollah to send more fighters to Syria’s Aleppo
- 20:24 CET For Donald Trump, going on about golf is par for the course