In Chile a vigil has been held for a gay man who was brutally beaten to death by several suspected neo-Nazis. The case has prompted a national debate in the country over hate crimes and prompted moves for an ant-discrimination law.
Daniel Zamudio died 25 days after he was attacked.
Four suspects have been jailed on attempted murder charges.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Air Algerie plane missing with 116 people on board
- 3Air Algerie plane ‘crashes’ over Sahara
- 4‘Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Yatsenyuk
- 5Sudanese mother sentenced to death in Sudan meets the Pope in Rome
- 147 dead and 11 injured in TransAsia Airways crash landing
- 2TransAsia Airways plane crashes on landing in Taiwan, killing dozens
- 3#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 4Fighter jets ‘shot down’ over Ukraine
- 5Costa Concordia finally clear of Giglio, destined for dismemberment
- 1298 killed as Malaysia Airlines passenger jet shot down over Ukraine
- 2[LIVE UPDATE] Malaysia Airlines MH17: Dutch forensic team arrives at crash site
- 3Researchers reach mysterious giant crater in Siberia
- 447 dead and 11 injured in TransAsia Airways crash landing
- 5Ukraine: Black boxes recovered from downed Malaysian airliner
Wires > News
- 04:43 CET Venezuela protests arrest of ex-intelligence head wanted in U.S.
- 04:18 CET Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali
- 04:04 CET South Korea ferry businessman’s cause of death impossible to…
- 03:34 CET Shelling of Gaza school kills at least 15; toll nears 800
- 03:24 CET Al Jazeera journalists jailed in Egypt say they will appeal
- 02:39 CET Death row Christian woman flies out of Sudan, meets pope
- 01:02 CET Iran detains four journalists, three of them Iranian-American…
- 00:54 CET Sudanese Salafi group endorses Islamic State’s new caliphate