Now Reading:

Merah's father threatens to sue France over son's death

world news

Merah's father threatens to sue France over son's death


The father of Mohammed Merah has threatened to sue French police over his death. Merah was shot dead last week after a dramatic siege at his home in Toulouse.
The 23-year-old had admitted killing several people during a bloody shooting spree, including three soldiers and three Jewish children. France’s Foreign Minister Alain Juppe has described Merah’s father’s claims as monstrous.
Meanwhile, the Qatar-based news network Al-Jazeera has said it will not broadcast video footage of the shootings Merah said he filmed.
A package containing the footage was reportedly posted last Wednesday, the day police surrounded Merah’s flat.
Detectives believe he operated largely on his own but he may have had logistical support from others including his elder brother, who’s now being investigated.

Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.

Next Article