Swedish Alpine skiing star Anja Paerson announced on Monday that she will retire after this week’s World Cup finals, ending a 14-year career in which she won six Olympic medals.
The 30 year old, who was unable to compete at her highest level recently due to a knee injury, made her World Cup debut at the 1998 finals in Switzerland and the season-ending event in Austria will be her last.
Paerson, a member of the International Ski Federation athletes commission, added she had not yet made plans for the future.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 16:40 CET European challengers commit to America’s Cup
- 16:20 CET Don’t put me on the bench, Cech plea to Mourinho
- 16:15 CET Old geezer Mura types Tour de France legend in modern era
- 16:00 CET Juventus sign Argentine winger Pereyra
- 15:48 CET Confident Ajmal aims to outfox Sri Lanka
- 15:30 CET Malaysian cyclist warned over Gaza message
- 15:03 CET Greece name Italian Ranieri as manager
- 14:22 CET ‘Non-emotional’ Drogba deal a possibility, says Mourinho