Swedish Alpine skiing star Anja Paerson announced on Monday that she will retire after this week’s World Cup finals, ending a 14-year career in which she won six Olympic medals.
The 30 year old, who was unable to compete at her highest level recently due to a knee injury, made her World Cup debut at the 1998 finals in Switzerland and the season-ending event in Austria will be her last.
Paerson, a member of the International Ski Federation athletes commission, added she had not yet made plans for the future.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 04:55 CET South Korea short-lists three foreign coaches
- 04:23 CET Cho named as new head of Pyeongchang 2018 organisers
- 04:11 CET Glazers to raise $150 million by cutting Manchester United stake
- 02:49 CET Scott once again wary of challengers for the top spot
- 00:25 CET Silver fern gives Adams the desire to keep on winning
- 23:28 CET Copenhagen fans attacked in Kiev, match interrupted
- 23:02 CET Firestone a perfect place for Tiger to salvage season
- 22:47 CET Malaysian Formula E race postponed at PM’s request