Swedish Alpine skiing star Anja Paerson announced on Monday that she will retire after this week’s World Cup finals, ending a 14-year career in which she won six Olympic medals.
The 30 year old, who was unable to compete at her highest level recently due to a knee injury, made her World Cup debut at the 1998 finals in Switzerland and the season-ending event in Austria will be her last.
Paerson, a member of the International Ski Federation athletes commission, added she had not yet made plans for the future.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 11:11 CET Hamilton on pole for Mercedes in wet China
- 07:02 CET Ricciardo puts Red Bull on top in wet final practice in China
- 00:55 CET Honda to focus on McLaren in 2015
- 23:55 CET Korean K.J. Choi beats bad weather to take Heritage lead
- 23:35 CET It’s getting increasingly tough for bowlers, says Ajmal
- 22:32 CET Moores to get second chance in England top job – reports
- 20:49 CET Desisa bids for repeat in fast Boston field
- 20:23 CET Replacement Asian Games host needed fast, not Singapore- Ng Ser…