Swedish Alpine skiing star Anja Paerson announced on Monday that she will retire after this week’s World Cup finals, ending a 14-year career in which she won six Olympic medals.
The 30 year old, who was unable to compete at her highest level recently due to a knee injury, made her World Cup debut at the 1998 finals in Switzerland and the season-ending event in Austria will be her last.
Paerson, a member of the International Ski Federation athletes commission, added she had not yet made plans for the future.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 01:04 CET PGA Tour commissioner and Woods hope for big 2014 finish
- 01:01 CET Lionheart McPherson takes 400 gold in Jamaica clean sweep
- 20:25 CET Sabella quits as Argentina coach – reports
- 19:50 CET Caterham F1 team and ex-employees in legal action
- 19:43 CET Soccer-Barkley agrees new contract at Everton
- 19:37 CET Excited Drogba aims to end Chelsea’s five-year title wait
- 18:41 CET Liverpool sign Belgian Origi and loan him back to Lille
- 18:31 CET Ecclestone seeks to settle German bribery case