Swedish Alpine skiing star Anja Paerson announced on Monday that she will retire after this week’s World Cup finals, ending a 14-year career in which she won six Olympic medals.
The 30 year old, who was unable to compete at her highest level recently due to a knee injury, made her World Cup debut at the 1998 finals in Switzerland and the season-ending event in Austria will be her last.
Paerson, a member of the International Ski Federation athletes commission, added she had not yet made plans for the future.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 15:52 CET Feed maker probe after Queen’s horse fails drug test
- 15:49 CET South African gymnasts promise no sister sledging
- 15:21 CET Germany coach Loew to lead team to Euro 2016
- 15:11 CET Tendulkar factor adds to pressure on India’s Sindhu
- 14:50 CET Mourning Dutch postpone discussion on Russia World Cup
- 14:22 CET Sri Lanka ponder keeper change for second test
- 13:35 CET German lawmakers raise doubts about Russia hosting soccer World Cup
- 13:32 CET Lambie hoping to flex bicep again after injury woes