Residents in southern Chile demanding more social benefits have clashed with riot police in a protest that has lasted a week.
Talks between people’s representatives and the government in the Aysen region over better health care, education and more fuel subsidies broke down last week.
Police used tear gas and water-cannon to disperse the crowds.
Wires > News
- 20:43 CET Tropical storm forming in Atlantic cuts path toward South Carolina
- 20:01 CET Chile President Bachelet testifies in tax probe into…
- 19:37 CET German Protestant bishop wants Islam classes in all state schools
- 19:36 CET Iraqi Sunni politicians reject visit by Iran’s Soleimani to Falluja
- 19:26 CET Pope meets children, says migrants ‘not dangerous, but in danger’
- 19:22 CET Progress on Ukraine reforms can boost case for Russia sanctions -…
- 19:18 CET Italian marine arrives home after four years in custody in India
- 19:12 CET Airbus Helicopters denies gearbox may have caused Norway crash