The United Nation’s nuclear watchdog says talks with Iran have failed over its disputed atomic activities.
After two days of negotiations a senior team from the International Atomic Energy Agency has been unable to get permission to visit the key military site at Parchin. They suspect it is being used as a test centre for weapon development.
In a statement the agency said:
“It is disappointing that Iran did not accept our request to visit Parchin….despite engaging in a constructive spirit.”
It is the second time in as many months the IAEA team will return without a deal.
The US and Israel have not ruled out using force against Iran’s nuclear facilities if diplomacy and sanctions fail to prevent it developing a bomb.
Earlier the head of Iran’s armed forces said his country would take pre-emptive action against its enemies if its national interests were endangered.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 2Pro-Russian activists seize Ukraine armoured vehicles
- 3Expectations are low as ministers gather for Ukraine crisis talks in Geneva
- 4Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 5Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 1Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 2Ukraine as it happened: Pro-Russian freeze Ukrainian army operation in Kramatorsk
- 3Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 4Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 5Russian PM Dmitry Medvedev says Ukraine on ‘brink of civil war’
Wires > News
- 11:22 CET Iran is complying with nuclear deal with powers – IAEA
- 11:20 CET Obama, Abe to battle negative images at U.S.- Japan summit
- 10:39 CET India holds biggest day of voting with Hindu nationalists gaining…
- 10:27 CET Japan makes two more oil payments to Iran – sources
- 10:04 CET Chinese police shoot man dead at checkpoint in Xinjiang
- 07:35 CET Hundreds still missing in deadly Korea ferry accident
- 07:06 CET Reports of e-cigarette injury jump amid rising popularity, …
- 05:20 CET China releases blogger on bail, jails another amid rumour crackdown