Thousands of women have turned out in Karachi demanding improved rights and gender equality.
Organisers claimed it was the largest such gathering in Pakistan’s history.
Focusing on the lack of female political representation, speakers also condemned the so-called “black laws” which fail to address honour killings and domestic violence.
Latest world news
Baghdad protesters leave Green Zone but vow to keep up pressure over corruption
National issues highlighted in Europe’s May Day rallies
From Jerusalem to Damascus to Moscow, Orthodox Christians celebrate Easter
Brussels airport departure hall reopens after terror attacks
Dozens killed in ISIL suicide blasts in southern Iraq
Wires > News
- 23:05 CET Islamic State boosts attacks in response to territorial losses -…
- 22:43 CET French far-right veteran Le Pen predicts daughter’s failure in…
- 21:49 CET Bomb attack in southeast Turkey wounds 10 troops, Kurdish…
- 21:47 CET Puerto Rico faces default as governor plans to address island
- 21:30 CET Yemen officials say peace talks suspended after Houthis seize base
- 21:28 CET Bergdahl defense can access classified information, court rules
- 21:16 CET Eyeing an Indiana victory, Trump says, ‘It’s over’
- 21:11 CET Connecticut governor honored for welcoming Syrian refugees