Iran has started a four-day military exercise aimed at protecting its nuclear sites from an attack.
Missiles, anti-aircraft artillery, radars and warplanes are being deployed, according to state media
It comes amid speculation that Israel may attack one or several sites as tensions mount between Tehran and the West.
Iran says it has stopped selling oil to Britain and France as a retaliation for sanctions.
French Foreign Minister Alain Juppé dismissed Iran’s announcement.
“We decided to stop our orders,” he said. “Our deliveries from Iran are pretty marginal in relation to our total purchases. I repeat that it is the EU that decided to put an embargo on Iranian oil sales.”
A EU ban on Iranian oil comes into force in July and a number of countries have already cut back on orders.
Tehran denies it is seeking the means to build nuclear weapons.
Senior UN inspectors arrived in the country on Monday.
They are there to seek answers from the Iranian government regarding intelligence that there are “possible military dimensions” to its atomic programme.
- 1Pope Francis kisses hands of Holocaust survivors
- 23D, 360° virtual reality is ready to launch – on an adult film
- 3Bombing in Syria not World War III, says Russia’s EU ambassador
- 4Migrant crisis: Hungary poised to shut unofficial border crossings with Croatia
- 5Syria: We believe that Russia has the wrong strategy, says US
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 4NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 5Latest News Bulletin
- 6At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 7Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 11[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 12Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 13International news | euronews, latest international news
- 14Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 15Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 16Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 17What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 18[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
- 19Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
- 20Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
Latest world news
US and Russia to resume talks on air safety over Syria
Friday proves deadly in Israel and the Palestinian territories as violence goes up another notch
Obama met by pro-gun protests at scene of latest school shooting in Oregon
New UN-sponsored Libyan National Unity Government starts to pick up support
Cameron holds low-profile talks with Merkel
Wires > News
- 10:23 CET Blasts in Turkish capital kill at least 20 people – media
- 10:13 CET Germany, European Commission mull solidarity tax for refugees -…
- 10:03 CET Isolated North Korea says ready for war with U.S. as it marks…
- 08:53 CET Turkish police detain editor of paper close to Erdogan foe – media
- 06:08 CET China completes construction of lighthouses in South China Sea
- 05:38 CET Russia, Ukraine fail to reach deal on Kiev debt to Moscow, talks…
- 01:59 CET Student charged with killing one, wounding three at Arizona…
- 01:43 CET China says U.S. human rights report biased