Iran has started a four-day military exercise aimed at protecting its nuclear sites from an attack.
Missiles, anti-aircraft artillery, radars and warplanes are being deployed, according to state media
It comes amid speculation that Israel may attack one or several sites as tensions mount between Tehran and the West.
Iran says it has stopped selling oil to Britain and France as a retaliation for sanctions.
French Foreign Minister Alain Juppé dismissed Iran’s announcement.
“We decided to stop our orders,” he said. “Our deliveries from Iran are pretty marginal in relation to our total purchases. I repeat that it is the EU that decided to put an embargo on Iranian oil sales.”
A EU ban on Iranian oil comes into force in July and a number of countries have already cut back on orders.
Tehran denies it is seeking the means to build nuclear weapons.
Senior UN inspectors arrived in the country on Monday.
They are there to seek answers from the Iranian government regarding intelligence that there are “possible military dimensions” to its atomic programme.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Air Algerie plane ‘crashes’ over Sahara
- 2#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 3TransAsia Airways plane crashes on landing in Taiwan, killing dozens
- 4Ukraine suspects one of its jets was shot down by another aircraft
- 5Israelis unite around troops fighting in Gaza
- 147 dead and 11 injured in TransAsia Airways crash landing
- 2TransAsia Airways plane crashes on landing in Taiwan, killing dozens
- 3#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 4Fighter jets ‘shot down’ over Ukraine
- 5Costa Concordia finally clear of Giglio, destined for dismemberment
- 1298 killed as Malaysia Airlines passenger jet shot down over Ukraine
- 2[LIVE UPDATE] Malaysia Airlines MH17: Dutch forensic team arrives at crash site
- 3Researchers reach mysterious giant crater in Siberia
- 447 dead and 11 injured in TransAsia Airways crash landing
- 5Ukraine: Black boxes recovered from downed Malaysian airliner
Wires > News
- 21:36 CET Russian court jails Putin foes on charges of inciting mass riots
- 21:29 CET Mali government, northern rebels sign roadmap deal for peace talks
- 21:03 CET EU targets state-owned Russia banks in sanctions plan
- 20:31 CET Rival Libyan militias clash in Tripoli, Benghazi
- 20:20 CET Venezuela says ex-intelligence head arrested in Aruba
- 20:19 CET First U.N. aid convoy enters Syria without government consent
- 19:13 CET Tourist killed in Mombasa, second in July – police
- 19:07 CET At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds…