20/02/12 19:33 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Iran has started a four-day military exercise aimed at protecting its nuclear sites from an attack.
Missiles, anti-aircraft artillery, radars and warplanes are being deployed, according to state media
It comes amid speculation that Israel may attack one or several sites as tensions mount between Tehran and the West.
Iran says it has stopped selling oil to Britain and France as a retaliation for sanctions.
French Foreign Minister Alain Juppé dismissed Iran’s announcement.
“We decided to stop our orders,” he said. “Our deliveries from Iran are pretty marginal in relation to our total purchases. I repeat that it is the EU that decided to put an embargo on Iranian oil sales.”
A EU ban on Iranian oil comes into force in July and a number of countries have already cut back on orders.
Tehran denies it is seeking the means to build nuclear weapons.
Senior UN inspectors arrived in the country on Monday.
They are there to seek answers from the Iranian government regarding intelligence that there are “possible military dimensions” to its atomic programme.
- 1Turkey blames US for ‘sea of blood’ in region
- 2Einstein was right! Scientists confirm that gravitational waves exist
- 3Nigeria: suicide bomber turns herself in after recognising relatives among potential victims
- 4Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 5World powers arrive in Munich hoping to resurrect Syrian peace talks
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Most Istanbul blast victims ‘were German’, says Turkey
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 6Partnering to grow Europe
- 7Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 8Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 9Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 11Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 12‘National’ funeral for Celine Dion’s husband ‘over the top’
- 13Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 14International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 15Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 16latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 18Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 20world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
Wires > News
- 00:01 CET Taiwan city looks at developer’s other buildings after quake…
- 23:44 CET South Korea cuts off power, water into Kaesong zone in North Korea
- 23:33 CET Uncertainty at Syria talks as Russia backs government advance
- 23:20 CET U.S. blacklists prominent Islamic State preacher, two others
- 22:37 CET Einstein’s gravitational waves detected in landmark discovery
- 22:22 CET No plans at this time for joint U.S.-India navy patrols – State…
- 21:37 CET Iran’s windfall from nuclear deal cut in half by debts – …
- 21:21 CET France’s Hollande reshuffles cabinet with eye on 2017 election