In a ceremony at the Vatican attended by Pope Benedict XVI 22 Roman Catholic bishops are to be elevated to cardinal.
The service at St Peter’s Basilica, comes amid rumours of a power struggle inside the Vatican to be the Pope’s successor.
Allegations of financial mismanagement have also been leaked to the Italian media.
Wires > News
- 19:37 CET German Protestant bishop wants Islam classes in all state schools
- 19:36 CET Iraqi Sunni politicians reject visit by Iran’s Soleimani to Falluja
- 19:26 CET Pope meets children, says migrants ‘not dangerous, but in danger’
- 19:22 CET Progress on Ukraine reforms can boost case for Russia sanctions -…
- 19:18 CET Italian marine arrives home after four years in custody in India
- 19:12 CET Airbus Helicopters denies gearbox may have caused Norway crash
- 18:55 CET Militants attack ENI pipeline in Nigeria’s Delta – officials
- 13:58 CET Pakistan bans airing of ‘undesired’ contraceptive advertisements